Rev the SH*T out of my TEG!

emd513

I'm chiming in. I did the samething a little over a year ago. Raced everything I could rev. It to 7200 several times a day just love the way it felt and how it sounded. Then after 9 months I started my tegg build lol. I turned 3 out of 4 rod bearings and the kicker not only did I change my oil every 2000 miles and use synthetic mobile 1 with there filter and Lucas I was only cruising down to a stop at a light after coming off the freeway. Now I'm in so deep on my build there's no turning back. Just keep this in mind. It will come back to you. And if your like me you might not Lear. I've went threw 7 cars for the same reason in the last 8 years for the same reason. Stop while your ahead and enjoy it at a faster pace with out so much redlining

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
But you have rear lamps? 2,000 is overkill.
Assuming you have an Ls, wtf where you doing revving to 7,200?

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
the main reason why i use synthetic is to change oil less often then regular. you could go as far as 6k on one oil change with synthetic. i just do it when my car tells me to.

ModemDron

DA_Dron
Let me just say one more thing... a comment i've been wanting to say. My car feels overall smoother if i rev it once to 6,000 in first or second. I feel like the motor works better then if i were to rev at 3,000. Question: Why is that?
[/QUOTE]

WAR 178

Premium User
your clutch/tranny/mounts will let you know if its bad. ....
wait till you have some TEC to play with, and see if you would have made this thread lol..

Cripton805

I'm chiming in. I did the samething a little over a year ago. Raced everything I could rev. It to 7200 several times a day just love the way it felt and how it sounded. Then after 9 months I started my tegg build lol. I turned 3 out of 4 rod bearings and the kicker not only did I change my oil every 2000 miles and use synthetic mobile 1 with there filter and Lucas I was only cruising down to a stop at a light after coming off the freeway. Now I'm in so deep on my build there's no turning back. Just keep this in mind. It will come back to you. And if your like me you might not Lear. I've went threw 7 cars for the same reason in the last 8 years for the same reason. Stop while your ahead and enjoy it at a faster pace with out so much redlining
Lucas on newer cars... :oops:

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
Let me just say one more thing... a comment i've been wanting to say. My car feels overall smoother if i rev it once to 6,000 in first or second. I feel like the motor works better then if i were to rev at 3,000. Question: Why is that?
Cause its a 4 banger. You dont make power till high rpm

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Tam4511

CI BOOST FIEND
"reving the shit" out of your motor would be like at 5k in 5th and mis-shifting down to second.

ModemDron

DA_Dron
"reving the s***" out of your motor would be like at 5k in 5th and mis-shifting down to second.
I don't see how you could miss shift down into second... lol but anyways thanks for the help guys!
[/QUOTE] and thanks for this awesome cartoon!!! It is my wallpaper man! you have talent :thumbs up:haha: