Rims n a white da?

ls/lownslow

i like how every one on this thread is bashing on rotas.

what are so bad bout the? and dont say they are knock offs

have you had a set ? i have and they are good for the price

i rather have my rota grids than my work cr-kai's

DumaDa9

i like how every one on this thread is bashing on rotas.

what are so bad bout the? and dont say they are knock offs

have you had a set ? i have and they are good for the price

i rather have my rota grids than my work cr-kai's
ill buy a set of rota grids and we can trade then

j13

Keep It Clean
I hate on Rotas because I want some. I'm kinda like a little child..ill dislike a girl and talk crap about her because I have a huge crush inside haha

Their is one style rotas that are sex

ls/lownslow

if you want some decent cheap wheels get rotas even though i would never suggest them to anyone.
why would you not suggest them to any one?

rota's are fucking expensive for knockoff wheels.
how are they expensive most rotas got for 500 or less for a set now compare that to other wheels that start at 2-300 a wheel

I'm not a big fan of rotas either...
why whats wrong with them ?

imagine driving with those wheels and hitting a pot hole, bending the rim, throwing it right out of alignment and having to balance them again and dealing with a bent rim.
just so you know this could happen to any wheel if you hit a pot hole not just the steelies or the rotas i had work wheels and they bend just as easy if not easier than rotas or any other cheap wheel

drags are cool, they are affordable.
lol

ls/lownslow

I hate on Rotas because I want some. I'm kinda like a little child..ill dislike a girl and talk crap about her because I have a huge crush inside haha

Their is one style rotas that are sex
lol nice that how i was like that with work wheels till i had some now i rather have cheap and easy to replace wheels then expensive 500 a piece wheels

Last edited:

nugget

I Love My Toyota.
just so you know this could happen to any wheel if you hit a pot hole not just the steelies or the rotas i had work wheels and they bend just as easy if not easier than rotas or any other cheap wheel
no fucking shit. thats not the argument. im saying is that steel wheels are not as durable as aluminum wheels. because of your experience with your wheels your assuming that your 'work' or 'rota' wheels bend easier? did you go over that same pot hole with both sets of wheels? doubt it.

ls/lownslow

no fucking shit. thats not the argument. im saying is that steel wheels are not as durable as aluminum wheels. because of your experience with your wheels your assuming that your 'work' or 'rota' wheels bend easier? did you go over that same pot hole with both sets of wheels? doubt it.
no i wasnt saying that the rotas or works would bend as ewasy as the steel wheels just stating that any wheel would bend or crack if you were to hit the right pot hole

DumaDa9

no shit, its not about if the wheel would bend or crack, its about how easy it can happen. I've seen rotas fall apart on people from a pot hole, i've seen works and regas bend, but ive never seen one fucking practically explode

ls/lownslow

no shit, its not about if the wheel would bend or crack, its about how easy it can happen. I've seen rotas fall apart on people from a pot hole, i've seen works and regas bend, but ive never seen one fucking practically explode
ok im am tired of every on on every freek'n site saying i seen this i heard this but have you had it happen?

most likly not!

Rota wheels work for an everyday situation, but they get very fragile in a track situation.

Most of these bent/cracked/separated wheels happen while at track events. Excessive heat from the brakes drastically heat up the wheel, and affect its strength. Imagine going round and round a track for 20 minutes at a time doing 100-40 brake stands over and over again. That's a lot of heat build up. Now do that 6 times a day for an entire weekend and you have a lot of heat cycles going through those wheels.

Now, we all know Rotas are inexpensive wheels. Basically you get a wheel that can see everyday use, but can not withstand the harsh track conditions that many people put them through.

So in short, if you don't plan on doing track events where you are doing repeated heavy braking over and over again, the Rotas should be just fine. If you are planing on doing track events and need a wheel that can withstand the snot being beat out of them, I would highly recommend a forged wheel.

Last edited:

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
ok im am tired of every on on every freek'n site saying i seen this i heard this but have you had it happen?

most likly not!

IRota wheels work for an everyday situation, but they get very fragile in a track situation.

Most of these bent/cracked/separated wheels happen while at track events. Excessive heat from the brakes drastically heat up the wheel, and affect its strength. Imagine going round and round a track for 20 minutes at a time doing 100-40 brake stands over and over again. That's a lot of heat build up. Now do that 6 times a day for an entire weekend and you have a lot of heat cycles going through those wheels.

Now, we all know Rotas are inexpensive wheels. Basically you get a wheel that can see everyday use, but can not withstand the harsh track conditions that many people put them through.

So in short, if you don't plan on doing track events where you are doing repeated heavy braking over and over again, the Rotas should be just fine. If you are planing on doing track events and need a wheel that can withstand the snot being beat out of them, I would highly recommend a forged wheel.
Rotas are track proven for endurance races. There is a Rota sponsored Integra which completed the 25 hour Endurance race at Thunder Hill

ls/lownslow

Rotas are track proven for endurance races. There is a Rota sponsored Integra which completed the 25 hour Endurance race at Thunder Hill
sorry that was supposed to be quoted for those who think rotas just fall apart cause they dont.

How bad can they be if they are certified by VIA, JWL, and ISO?

I think the Rota failures are blown way out of proportion.

If the wheel is light and cast, well of course it's not going to be the strongest wheel.

There are so many people running Rota's at the track and otherwise, if there were a systemic problem with Rota's failing, we'd see and hear about a lot more incidences than the few that get spread around the net like wildfire. What ever you think about the replica factor, it does not mean the wheels are going to fall apart any faster than the wheel that was copied.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
sorry that was supposed to be quoted for those who think rotas just fall apart cause they dont.

How bad can they be if they are certified by VIA, JWL, and ISO?

I think the Rota failures are blown way out of proportion.

If the wheel is light and cast, well of course it's not going to be the strongest wheel.

There are so many people running Rota's at the track and otherwise, if there were a systemic problem with Rota's failing, we'd see and hear about a lot more incidences than the few that get spread around the net like wildfire. What ever you think about the replica factor, it does not mean the wheels are going to fall apart any faster than the wheel that was copied.
i personally would only buy the Type R replicas and the Slips Streams for circuit, the grids for daily use (as to not put wear on my gram lights) The Sub Zeros are what i presume the wheels which fail on circuit, theres a thread where the spokes on the sub zero bent. But Rota is a good company and i will use them for circuit.

ls/lownslow

i personally would only buy the Type R replicas and the Slips Streams for circuit, the grids for daily use (as to not put wear on my gram lights) The Sub Zeros are what i presume the wheels which fail on circuit, theres a thread where the spokes on the sub zero bent. But Rota is a good company and i will use them for circuit.
yes i love the replica type r wheels they look so good but they need to make them with a lil bit lower offset

and yes it was the subzero that had the bent spokes but that was due to a caliper failure

i will use rota too cause i know they are good wheels