Samurai Blue's Integra Build

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Gonna be down South starting on the 29th or I'd try too. Hard for me to skip work so I usually go for the Saturday events then veg out Sunday.
Gotcha! i was only doing this because we had some peolpe in my group who wanted to track buttonwillow, but when it became an open track day they didnt want to since they were track noobs. once Raceline's event went to Chuckwalla, we decided to do this event instead.

DailyDB8

>>>Honda Enthusiast<<<
i like what you did with the rear bumper, reminds me of the J's Racing car. :thumbs up

btw what did you use to cut? simple dremel? been wanting to cut my spare but scared of a cock-eyed uneven cut

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
i like what you did with the rear bumper, reminds me of the J's Racing car. :thumbs up

btw what did you use to cut? simple dremel? been wanting to cut my spare but scared of a cock-eyed uneven cut
Thanks khoa, Dremel and measuring tape, and beer. My friend Loi actually did it first, and i actually styled mine after my buddy Joseph's bumper. A lot of them have cut way too much.

Car looks great man, I've been on FB lately. Just checking the progress.
thanks!

So...turns out the city is repaving part of my sidewalk, and driveway tomorrow. That sucks since i have a track day. So, i have tonight to prep my car before i store somewhere for the week. >_>

white4d96

Burning oil like a boss
I don't think the cut rear bumper cover helps with braking broski. With less drag, your car is a little harder to slow down now.
It'll help reduce lift in the rear, which combined with braking could further unload the rear suspension and make handling...interesting.

Nick_C78

It'll help reduce lift in the rear, which combined with braking could further unload the rear suspension and make handling...interesting.
Wait, what the hell are you talking about? Reducing rear lift means you are not unloading the rear suspension. That is the whole point of reducing rear lift. In other words, not "lifting" the rear. Which essentially would put more load on the rear suspension.... :roll:

However, I also do not think you actually felt a difference. Especially at the current pace. That sort of mod is really only noticeable at the limit, which none of us are anywhere near.

white4d96

Burning oil like a boss
Wait, what the hell are you talking about? Reducing rear lift means you are not unloading the rear suspension. That is the whole point of reducing rear lift. In other words, not "lifting" the rear. Which essentially would put more load on the rear suspension.... :roll:

However, I also do not think you actually felt a difference. Especially at the current pace. That sort of mod is really only noticeable at the limit, which none of us are anywhere near.
Hear what I mean not what I say!

Rear bumper catches air, causes rear lift. Rear lift=less weight on rear tires. Add in braking, less weight in rear.

Now, cut rear bumper. Less air caught, less lift, more weight in back, more stability under braking.

Granted, we are probably talking minor figures here, but still.

Nick_C78

Hear what I mean not what I say!
So what you meant was the exact opposite of what you said?

Now, cut rear bumper. Less air caught, less lift, more weight in back, more stability under braking.
First you said it will unload the rear. Now you are saying it will put load on the rear...

Last edited:

white4d96

Burning oil like a boss
I meant the lift in the rear could make handling interesting. Removing it could help reduce that. My bad.