Slo_Teggy's Slo Rebuild

Slo_Teggy

Slow Driver
I have found what the issue was. I had to take off the head again to do so. I'm glad I took it off instead of just searching for the problem though. Please, hold your laughs until after.

So the day that my buddy came over and helped me out for a bit, we were able to get the block ready for the head. He had tightened the ARP head studs into the block and tossed the gasket on (so it wouldn't get ruined). The next day, I put the head on and started plugging everything in. He came over again and I asked him to double check all the wiring to make sure it would be good to run. He asked if I made sure the head gasket was on. I told him that he put it on so yes. So I didn't try and start it at that time as I needed an oil filter (so oil wouldn't get everywhere... funny that). I got the filter the next day, put it on, and then made this video.

To make a long story short, my buddy put the head gasket on but he only just tossed it on the block so it wouldn't get ruined., He was expecting me to double check it to make sure all was good (which he told me). When I took the head off, I found that the head gasket was on up-side-down. It's not his fault though, it was just a mis-communication. So I am getting another gasket as soon as I get a decent price on one. When I get the gasket, I'll make another video. Hopefully the next video won't get as oil-filled.

To give you an idea how much oil I lost, I had filled the oil to just above the "fill dot" on the dip-stick. After I ran the car, just the tip of the dip-stick had a tiny bit of oil on it. So awesome...

Slo_Teggy

Slow Driver
Not much of an update. I have a head gasket coming in tonight. Hopefully I'll be able to make another video of the car running by day's end.

But I kind of got the weight reduction fever again and think I'm going to take it one step further. I still have a few luxuries left in the car that I don't need, like door panels...

I still have to get all the glue off and possibly make a cover for the doors, but for now this is what they will look like. Watch out headliner, you're next!!

Slo_Teggy

Slow Driver
So I got a new head gasket (and my buddy even tossed in an S2000 oil filter fo' fwee). I got the head back installed but have not hooked up anything yet. The timing is set and everything is torqued to spec. I took the distributor off to make it a little easier and when I moved it, I heard something strange. I opened the cap to find this:

No idea how the heck this happened. Hopefully this is the end of my bad luck.

endo617

Rattle Can Technician
So I got a new head gasket (and my buddy even tossed in an S2000 oil filter fo' fwee). I got the head back installed but have not hooked up anything yet. The timing is set and everything is torqued to spec. I took the distributor off to make it a little easier and when I moved it, I heard something strange. I opened the cap to find this:

No idea how the heck this happened. Hopefully this is the end of my bad luck.
I HATE THAT, happened to me 2 months ago, but my rotor got destroyed. Used red thread locker when i installed the new one.

Last edited:

Slo_Teggy

Slow Driver
I HATE THAT, happened to me 2 months ago, but my rotor got destroyed. Used red thread locker when i installed the new one.
Thanks for the tip. I might have another one laying around somewhere. If I find it, I'll rebuild it to make sure everything is alright. This has never happened to me before. I've seen dust and all that, but never this bad.

Slo_Teggy

Slow Driver
I got some gifts from my buddy Pat again. Looks like I can get back to work.

Slo_Teggy

Slow Driver
Alright so I made a short little video here

[YOUTUBE="Integra Start"]tW13WHX9Nt8&feature=youtu.be[/YOUTUBE]

So it runs with no mechanical issues!! so stoked!! I will have to fix the wiring issue that is causing it to idle like that but I'm pretty sure I just have the wrong plug in the IACV or something. I'm sure I'll figure it out.

The video is cut off because we let the car run for a while and rev it a few times. Nothing entertaining. I was actually able to drive my car back into the garage though so that's a good sign!!

P.S. the guy looking at the engine is the infamous Pat that has helped me a butt-load throughout this rebuild and donated a lot of stuff.

Slo_Teggy

Slow Driver
After 3 seconds of working on my car out of sheer boredom today, I fixed the idle issue. I had the wrong plug in the IACV. The one I had in was for the GSR's secondary butterflies (I'm pretty sure). I do need an alternator belt that fits so I can stop running the car off sheer battery. Other then that, the car should be in good running condition.

All that will be left is to put on the fender, side skirt, impact beam, bumper, and plug in the headlights and horn. The interior has seen better days but there is very little of it so there will be very little for me to have to put back together.

Daddy's getting excited!!

Slo_Teggy

Slow Driver
If the battery wasn't dead, I'd roll the windows up and wash it. I guess another time.

All I need now is a charged battery, replace my oil pan gasket (it's leaking oil), and to replace all the fluids. I just put all new fluids in but since I've been working on it, I want to wash out all the crap so new fluids are going in.

Slo_Teggy

Slow Driver
I just installed the alternator belt (the only belt that is on the crank pulley now). Once I get some oil, an oil pan gasket, and some engine coolant, I will driving the car. It will need a good cleaning on the inside and out but it will be derivable very shortly. It drives now, but I can't drive around leaking oil all over the place. Also, having to boost it every time I want to start it is a process that I don't want to do all the time so I'd rather just replace everything, boost it (with another car), then drive around for a while.