Slo_Teggy's Slo Rebuild

Slo_Teggy

Slow Driver
I'm not going to spend any more money on this thing. I would have to buy a couple more things then get it tuned to then sell it? It's not worth it for me.

That, and I have pretty much sold everything. I kept the turbo and intercooler as they are universal. I have future plans for something with a little more "oomph" but we'll see what happens.

The only things I have left to sell are the intercooler, head gasket, and that might be it. I have a lot of random Honda stuff laying around in my garage that I wouldn't mind getting rid of.

Slo_Teggy

Slow Driver
So I finished putting the rear end back together with the stock parts (fail) and made new brake lines for the front. i have removed the ABS so I have to run new lines. I also put in some Energy shifter linkage bushings a couple of days ago.

Here is the engine bay after being painted. Don't mind the other stuff as everything will come together at the end.

It use to look a lot nicer but some dirt has settled on it since. It will all be cleaned up when I wash the engine once I am done putting it all back in.

Last edited:

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
Hopefully everything works out with the sale :thumbs up

Nice ride, sad to see it go

Slo_Teggy

Slow Driver
It will be a very sad day for sure, but it has to be done. I know this is a, Integra forum, but I will hopefully be posting a new build thread on something a little different. I've been back and forth about selling my car for about 2 years now. I think it's time to bite the bullet and get it over with. I'm only going to put more money into it and be able to get less money back out of it.

Well, time to work on the car. I'll keep this thread updated a little better these days hopefully.

Rx7driver4Life

Dude dont sell it man! ! !

It takes time and effort and money to build a nice car. You just going to sell it now????

Keep it and be content with a car you built, unless you dont like it any more.

Slo_Teggy

Slow Driver
Just finished forming and cutting the brake lines. I needed to do this as I no longer have ABS in the front so I needed to make them custom. They aren't exactly how they will be when they are in the car but I needed to keep the ends as straight as they are so I can flare the tips and put the thread thing on them.

They aren't the prettiest thing but they were a lot cheaper then if I were to find the OEM lines and get them from Honda. Saved myself a couple hundo's for sure.

Slo_Teggy

Slow Driver
I made a ghetto power steering delete loop with a breather line. I need to find a clutch res to attach to the tip. I might change it around but for now this is what it looks like:

Slo_Teggy

Slow Driver
Over 2 months with no progress. That had to change. I have been having a hell of a time with these brake lines. I finally finished them and was able to get them installed properly. They look kind of ghetto but they will be hidden for the most part so no big deal.

I made sure everything was tight and put some fluid in, and what do you know, there is a leak. I was not able to find out as I've spent many night swearing and sweating due to these damn lines, so I just came inside. I'll get someone over to pump the brake so I can figure out where it's coming from.

-----------------------------------

I have finished (kind of) my power steering delete by going to the scrap yard and getting a Honda clutch res. I attached the end of the hose to is so I can add power steering fluid if needed, also it acts as a breather. I've heard that addign a breather will make the steering a lot loser. We'll see.

I tucked the res in a corner where it's hidden. I didn't want to mount it because I would have to get another Spoon res cover for it. That is $14 I don't want to spend.

And I slapped my engine back together. I put in new GSR pistons, rods, and rings. I didn't take pictures of the rebuild because it was a fast process and I forgot. The timing belt is a GReddy one so that should give me an extra 70hp. OEM metal head gasket. I had a Cometic one for the old boost build, but that would have lowered the compression too much to enjoy the car. I lost a few bucks in the swap but hopefully it will be worth it.

I might clean it up a little.

In other news. I was working on some stuff in the garage one day. I left and locked up. I got a call 20 minutes later from the wife saying she heard a loud bang coming from the garage. I asked if the car was on the ground (it's on jack-stands only with no wheels), she said no. I figured whatever it was, can be replaced if needed. I get home to find the B16A head on the ground upside down. It was sitting on my beer fridge then on a big tub, probably a good 4 feet off the ground.

I was pretty frustrated at that point so I left it there for a few days. I finally picked it up and looked at it. No damage found so far. I guess the real test will be when I go to start it up.

Well that's it for now. Hopefully I can get these brake lines figured out so I can finally make some real progress with this rebuild. After the lines are all good, all that is needed is to put the engine back in the car and take it to the next AutoCross event. There is one in 2 weeks. My fingers are crossed.

Slo_Teggy

Slow Driver
Well I was able to tighten the lines and fix the leak. My mother-in-law helped me bleed them. The brakes are now 100% done. I put the muffler back on and was going to put the wheels back on but got lazy. I'll put the wheels on and put the car back on the ground later tonight if I have time. I like seeing progress.

No point in taking a picture of the brakes after being bled as you wouldn't be able to see anything. No point in taking a picture of the muffler on as I'm sure everyone here knows what an ITR exhaust looks like.

Well my car is back on a roll with getting it back together. Let's see how long this lasts.

j13

Keep It Clean
are you still selling it? i would be nervous selling a car with a modified brake system. i wouldn't want to hurt anyone.

dont sell the ride! that's the story of every teg owner

j13

Keep It Clean
oh by the way.. your Integra is in my top favorite integras..why? ITS F-ING SIMPLE.