So, I'm considering an RSX...

crussell2009

98 black gsr CLEAN coupe
I'm insanely surprised that no one said what i'm about to say! (if someone did...well my bad)...BUY A TYPE R!!!!....you love your teg its just old n kinda shitty right? Well for the money your talking you can buy a 3rd gen teg type R, one of the best cars ever made IMO. Thats what I wouldve done if I was looking around w/ the money your talking...but oh well...hope the rsx works out good for ya....oh yeah post some pics of that bad boy and that special k
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=p&car_id=270919723&dealer_id=64782349&car_year=2001&rdm=1276616346575&lastStartYear=1981&model=INTEG&num_records=25&systime=&make2=&highlightFirstMakeModel=&start_year=1994&keywordsfyc=__dHlwZSBy__&keywordsrep=116121112101032114&engine=&certified=&body_code=0&fuel=&awsp=false&search_type=both&distance=0&marketZipError=false&search_lang=en&showZipError=n&make=ACURA&keywords_display=type%20r&color=&page_location=findacar::ispsearchform&min_price=&drive=&default_sort=&seller_type=b&max_mileage=&style_flag=1&sort_type=priceDESC&address=46135&advanced=y&end_year=2001&doors=&transmission=Manual&max_price=&cardist=530&standard=false

Last edited:

kleenkreativ

Hmmmmm, so you wanted the newer "sexier" Integra and want to built it to its full potential for tracking, but bought a base model??? I leave the RSX's to all the chicks to drive :)
No, I won't be tracking it. It's a daily driver and I don't plan to do a whole lot of modding to it, just a few things, really. As for which model, I didn't really have much choice. All the Type S models I've found online were much too far away and too highly priced –*this one happened to me in my hometown for a good price, in the color I wanted (white.) It's a 5 speed, which is the main thing I wanted out of the Type S, anyway (I know, they're 6 speed and have more horsepower, but this one works for me. it's still quick as shit.)

As for being a "chick" car, I don't really see that, but whatever. I love the hell out of it.

kleenkreativ

Yeah, too late for that. Besides, I only had $10k or less to spend and like the RSX body style much more, anyhow.

kleenkreativ

the headlights needs some cleaning :thumbs up
Yeah, that's my one complaint about the car (aside from a hole worn in the driver side floor mat and a few chips/scratches in the paint that've been touched up poorly. Otherwise, the car has no problems whatsoever. Not entirely true –*it may actually need a new oxygen sensor. Dammit!)

I've actually already hit the headlights twice and can't seem to get them any more clear. When I picked up the car and washed it, some waxy shit started peeling off that the dealership had put on, so I took it by my dad's house and he hit them with some polishing compound and a small buffer, and I also hit them again when I got back home with a headlight restorer kit, but they just don't seem to wanna clear up all the way.
Kinda sucks, but not a huge deal yet. I'll bet the replacements are pretty pricey.

All I've done to it so far is clean it up more, hit the headlights, clean the wheels with some wheel cleaner and peeled off the dealership decal from the trunk lid (after blow drying, of course.) Oh, and slapped the Apple sticker on the back, mostly to help cover a shadow on the inside of the tint from where the previous owner had a damn OU sticker for too long.