Spitfire8o5's TimeAttack DC #117 Build

Spitfire8o5

Track Junkie
so here is the track day in a nut shell

got out there first session and with traffic and heat, couldn't do better than a 2:03 with the 3 laps I had before my brakes went to absolute trash. so I pitted. I let the car cool down and was talking to a lot of people about the issue and it seems like I was just over working the brakes at this point. HP+ pads are great for a street tire, but on r comps and no to mention im still on the base model caliper/rotor, I was able to boil the Motul 5.1 brake fluid which is a pretty damn good fluid. so I sat the 2nd session out and bled my brakes for any chances of air and sure enough everything was good. So the time attack session was coming up and I aired my tires way up. 1st session I had them in the 32-35 ballpark and I was running them like at 40 or so lol this ended up giving me a pretty crisp feel of everything and made the car turn in very very well. first hotlap in I ran a 2:00 even after almost dying on riverside lol and that lap was followed by 1:59 lap that I was extremely happy with as you can tell of the video lol

THE 1:59 VIDEO!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?...Gwaug

went back into the pits where I continued to express my happiness lol still had the brake issues as you can tell by how early I was letting off to go straight to hammering on the brakes lol and it wasn't doing a very good job at stopping to where I had to use my trans to help rotate a little more before I died. I cant stop thanking everyone who took part in helping me with advise and what not since day 1. im blessed with an amazing family and friends!

the snapps

I'm sure you get this a lot, but why not K20/K24?
because I cant afford it, itd rather invest in other parts that aid lack of power. with road racing power only does so much for you can asks a lot more out of youre car as far as brakes, tires. etc. I like it where it is and its plenty fun. one day maybe with some sponsor/support I would love to build something to leave the world in awe but I simply cant as of now sir

Spitfire8o5

Track Junkie
nice pics, so why is it that you have a big chunk of the cars ass off?

watching vid now
Makes me feel like I go moar fast
were you excited about the time? :lol:

Nice, now to get them BBKs
I was very very excited lol and I plan on doing the ITR/Mini Cooper setup with better pads
Less air drag from the air trapped in the bumper is what I'm assuming.
Nailed it
Oh I gotcha. That makes sense. Congrats on you 1:59!!!
Thanks man
Same tramp stamp lol
Lol tramps
Congrats on the sub 2!! fast guy!!!
Thanks man. I still want to go faster!

Spitfire8o5

Track Junkie
I haven't heard or read up on that. What do you mean?
It's where I can use an ITR caliper without modifying anything. A Mini Cooper rotor is 4x100 and sits where you need it to use the ITR calipers. It's a bolt on setup that gives you the OEM fitment and quality but with a bigger caliper/pad/rotor

DCiFound

SEAHAWKS!!
it's where i can use an itr caliper without modifying anything. A mini cooper rotor is 4x100 and sits where you need it to use the itr calipers. It's a bolt on setup that gives you the oem fitment and quality but with a bigger caliper/pad/rotor
8)