TeggyBear's Progress Thread. Plenty of Pics.

TeggyBear_Ls

90 EF LS/V 95 DC4
Nice updates. Your brother might as well remove the rear seats. And I still give you props for updating this thread even though it's your brother's car. I will never get over it. :lol:
Yeah lol we will.
of course lol
:lol:

UPDATE

stock b18b1 + 191k miles + racing = mushroom cloud. Hahaha, yep threw a bearing out on her, :(

so my brother is in the middle of a major teardown and rebuild, cuz when shit blows up, build it stronger and better! Picked up a used GSR B18C1 block for $150, and my brother traded his turbo setup for a fully built GSR head, ported & polished, BLOX stage2 cams, valvesprings & retainers, JDM GSR valvecover, and we just got a full gasket/seal kit in the mail, along with GSR water pump, timing belt, headgasket, etc. And we also just got in Golden Eagle headstuds as well.

Next things in the mail are gonig to be a phearable.net custom chipped ECU, along with some other various items that are needed for the motor.

Hopefully this thing turns out pretty nicely! Sorry no pics for now :)

TeggyBear_Ls

90 EF LS/V 95 DC4
Okay so we got the whole new GSR engine assembled with the golden eagle heatstuds, new water pump timing belt, etc. It's all ready to go in, except we need a GSR oil pan! Fuck. So gotta buy a Moroso. :)

While the motor was out, my brother and I cleaned up the engine bay and painted it. GumDrop. :D

Gargae is a mess :lol:

Old blown junkie LS

New GSR B18C1 powa!

See the bottom part that is painted? It looks white, because there is a glow-in-the-dark overlay. yes it actually glows in the dark. :D

Even removed the ABS system and lines to paint everywhere!

Gloss black firewall, silver painted nuts & bolts

Jabes

lookin good, soo you guys going with gsr turbo or just all motor gsr?

TeggyBear_Ls

90 EF LS/V 95 DC4
putting in some major work there, will worth it, its coming along great
yeah, we just got the motor put back into the car. only have 2 motor mounts hooked up right now, taking a break, going to store to buy oil, spark plugs, tranny fluid, etc. And i still gotta get a Moroso oil pan. the Phearable.net ECU came in, gotta start the VTEC wiring for that too.
lookin good, soo you guys going with gsr turbo or just all motor gsr?
all motor for now. Then my bro might start peicing together a kit for GSR turbo later. Not sure if we can run these cams on turbo very well though.

Integraguy04

CORNER CARVER
^ props on the build and the pictures...nothing makes a better build thread then lots of pics to see what you are actually doing

ssbpdc2R

i have seen that hatch u have around town!!! do u live back by akers?

TeggyBear_Ls

90 EF LS/V 95 DC4
anyway, we've been running into major problems getting the GSR motor running properly, my brother is just about to order a B20 and throw that bish in there and leave it non-VTEC for now and convert to VTEC later.....

Fuck you GSR Motor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

DenySHIFT

Just spent the last hour reading through your thread! love what u been doing, specially since its not even your car. wishn ya some luck and looking forward to how the motor swap turns out.

never heard of glow in the dark paint in the engine bay, thats sick. cant wait to see how it looks

oh... and on the motor mount fill, hows that holding up on you? i did mine a few months back and didnt really get much of a difference. thinking about getting some new mounts