The RSX is discontinued?

heykosal

Angkorian
i was really hoping to look at the first post date and it be like 06.....wow...just wow.
haha for real though. its funny how when it was first heard that noone made a thread about it, but there has been 3 late ass threads about it since..

as far as I knew, Acura had no plans of getting back into the "Sport Compact" segment again. They are becoming strictly luxury-sport. With the TSX staying as is, and being their entry level car. Acura is starting to branch away from honda a little bit, considering they are selling Acura's in Japan now. or if they aren't now, they will be in the near future. they are trying to differentiate themselves as a "higher" quality car.

that, unfortunately, is why the Integra/RSX had to die :(

it would, however, be mighty pimp if they brought the Integra back, but badged it as a Honda in the North American market, like it was everywhere else on earth, lol. The way it should have been, in my opinion. I think putting an Acura badge on the Integra was a marketing accident, lol. they didn't realize they put A's on em until it was too late.
x2 to everything you said, except the badging mistake. I'm sure they meant for Acura to have a sporty compact based off the Civic platform.

imcnblu

Resident G2 Guru of C-I
yeah, the badging mistake was sarcasm. lol.

a subliminal way of saying "They should have put the "H" on it, instead. It would probably still be around." ;)

Ken34

so what the hell...? thats it? no more sports cars from acura? i dont want luxury...boooooooooo!!!! so where should i go now since the integra is dead? i dont think 20 years from now i want to be buying a 2006 car.....i would like for my 96 integra to last a long time, but i highly doubt it will last the rest of my life.

imcnblu

Resident G2 Guru of C-I
Honda wants the "sport compact" market to buy the Civic Si. Hence, why they are making the new Si FAR superior to all previous Si's.

Like I said, since Acura is kind of "branching away" from Honda, they are trying to be an "upscale" company, to compete with BMW, Lexus, etc.

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
yeah, the badging mistake was sarcasm. lol.

a subliminal way of saying "They should have put the "H" on it, instead. It would probably still be around." ;)
Well, back then, it was a marketing gimmick. It's hard to sell two nearly identical cars in one market under the same name. Especially when one is quite a bit cheaper. That is why the Civic is a Honda and the Integra was marketed as an "upscale" Acura. It's just to solidy the difference between the two and justify the extra coin.

The same thing is still going on right now. The Acura RSX Type S would have a tough time battling the market with the Honda Civic Si. They are too close in price, performance, market....etc.

That is Honda bean counters not wanting to sell two extremely similar cars in one market. It makes marketing either hard and would require pitting one against the other, especially since the Civic Si is no longer a cheaper alternative. It's just as pricey as the Type S.

hawaiiancb74

BIg Asian Fella
lol the rsx side of this forum is really lacking in up to date information and topics. i just read about cam differances in the a to z switch lol