This fog light wiring....wtf is wrong with 94-97 fog lights?

itzrivera

How did you get your wiring problem figured out. I hate to revive a dead thread, but I've run into the same problem. I bought the PWJDM fog light kit, got the front fog lights wired up, ran the interior harness.
Under the dash I wired:
The yellow wire w/ brown plug into the blue taped plug behind the Fuse Box.
Wired the red wire w/brown plug into the '2' fuse auxiliary.
Grouded the interior harness to the bolt above the hood pop (which I used the bolt from the kit).

Grounded the under hood harness to the harness ground by the Washer fill (Did not replace that bolt with one from kit, figured if the car harness ground there it was good.)

Plugged everything in and I'm not getting squat. No switch lighting, no relay action, no fog lights.

I went through and checked the connections hulking out on them to make sure they are connected, checked the connections on the ground inside the car (I have a triple stack of Autometer's grounded in the same spot and they work and are responsive with no lag in the needles/readouts).

So what I'm going to try today is:
Changing the ground bolt under the hood.
Wiring the red wire w/ brown plug into the multi-tree in the plug position it would be if it were OEM.
Hulking out on the connections for the fifth or sixth time.
and... we'll I'm out of ideas. Short of buying a EG console switch and new relay....
any suggestions are welcomed and needed. Thanks.

P.S. The fit on mine is janky as all hell as well. These must have been some blind, drunk ass workers making these fogs...
I didnt see you mention whether or not you connected the clip from the fog lights to the clip that comes out directly from the headlights (has a blue wire i believe)

JDMMilanoRedDC2

Figured it out after I borrowed a circuit tester (light bulb type). #2 was supplying power to the fogs, however the sh** connector on the fog light interior harness was a little to long on the end to make contact, I took the connector off and sandpapered it even with where the prong would sit. After re-assembling the fogs worked!