tint darkness, opinions?

joexchoi

Hey guys. Just wanted your opinion on what percentage tints I should get for my 2001 Acura Integra LS 2 door.
Tell me what you guys think.

heykosal

Angkorian
If you want moderately dark, good sun protection, without hindering vision at night, go with 35%. Otherwise, go as dark as your local laws allow, you could probably get away with 5% darker than the law though. Just be aware, if a cop suspects your tint to be darker than legal, they do have special meters that can accurately measure the percentage of light coming through.

Patchezz

(///_-),.I..
yea. my windows will be getting 35% on the doors and 5% on the rest

nugget

I Love My Toyota.
tint looks it's best consistent all around regardless how light it even is.

teggygrl08

BBHG.. one love.
i have 35% on driver and passenger windows and 20% on the hatch and rear windows. i love it, and have only been hassled once and got away with it

jznsn2u

I had 5% limo all around, it almost killed me T_T. If your going to do the tint yourself, try and get the precut ones, dont spend hours like me tryna cut tint -___-. i took it off btw :p

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
I'm getting my GE8's windows tinted tomorrow. I'll post some pictures when the GE8 is clean and when it's not raining.

Here are the specs:
3M CS20 16% window tint (Rear side windows, and rear window)
Solar Guard UP75 76% window tint (Front side windows)

XslickwhitetegX

UKDM EXPERT
I just got one of thoose special meters pulled on me, half to pay a fine now.

When I got my car the previous ownwer said 15% all around,took her for her word. Two almost 3yr later cop pulls my gf over while I'm in the car pulls out meter and it reads 8%..so I guess I have 8% now! Point of story, make sure you really get whatever tint you want.

To play it safe get 35%, in most states the the law on driver/passanger doors. It can be as dark as you want rest of your windows. I love my 8% but its definatly not for everyone, and ICAN see out of my tint at night, your eyes adjust trust me :D