tint darkness, opinions?

DAs_an_DCs

I have my DA in limo tint all around, at night its like im in a vortex of blackness lol. In the day time its sooooo legit tho. I dont drive at night much thats kinda the reason. if you drive at night alot your gonna take limo tint off real quick

IMO its Looks vs Saftey, i dont worry about the cops there chill where i live

Zero and Limo taken at the same time and same camera settings

Last edited:
I had 5% limo all around, it almost killed me T_T. If your going to do the tint yourself, try and get the precut ones, dont spend hours like me tryna cut tint -___-. i took it off btw :p
just know that even though it's "pre cut" you still have to heat shrink it and if it's crap tint (which pre cuts normally are) you can't heat shrink it and just wasted all that money. Best bet is to just have it done proffessionaly theres a lot more to a good tint job than people think.

ZAO_06

My Tint Almost Killed me too son! i have 5% but then it would'nt pass inspection! so be careful go with the majority!

DAs_an_DCs

My Tint Almost Killed me too son! i have 5% but then it would'nt pass inspection! so be careful go with the majority!
yeah night time is harsh but not undoable, i still think im gonna do full limo on my DC2

jus get an extra set of windows, and put them it when u get a ticket. Or better yet roll with ur fronts down as much as possible, its the fronts that are regulated.

red98teg

Keep on Truckin
20% all around
this right here is the sex... in a coupe whatever you get will actually be darker than you think it is... and just stay consistent. imo it looks retarded to have your back windows darker than sunglasses and the fronts almost clear...

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
I would've loved to have my fronts as dark as my rears, but it's the law to have the fronts no lower than 70%.

DAs_an_DCs

I would've loved to have my fronts as dark as my rears, but it's the law to have the fronts no lower than 70%.
some people jus dont care about the laws, there only made to hate on imports so why follow them? ill never change my mind about a project/product jus cus its not legal. everything is illegal in Cali.

Almost all of u guys roll too dumped, its illegal. your headlights have to be 22 inches from the ground to the center of the light, mine are at like 19-20 inches. should i raise my car to be legal, nope. jus my 2 cents on legality of mods.

red.line

this right here is the sex... in a coupe whatever you get will actually be darker than you think it is... and just stay consistent. imo it looks retarded to have your back windows darker than sunglasses and the fronts almost clear...
We don't have a choice where I live (technically)..can have as dark as you want on any of the rear windows but zero tint on the fronts, unless it came factory tinted.
That's why a lot of people here will do limo on the back and then 20-35% on the front, so it's not so heatbag and still looks good imo.

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
some people jus dont care about the laws, there only made to hate on imports so why follow them? ill never change my mind about a project/product jus cus its not legal. everything is illegal in Cali.

Almost all of u guys roll too dumped, its illegal. your headlights have to be 22 inches from the ground to the center of the light, mine are at like 19-20 inches. should i raise my car to be legal, nope. jus my 2 cents on legality of mods.
I understand what you're saying, but cops in CA are really anal about tint. To me, it's not worth getting pulled over once a week for illegal tint.

DAs_an_DCs

Yeah, I guess around here its not that bad. Ur jus as likely to get a ticket for too low as tint here. Basically if the cops don't like u here, ur gonna end up selln ur car. That's the point, if u roll how u want an not be stupid the cops could care less. But that's my county, where the cops know me.

XslickwhitetegX

UKDM EXPERT
^^Could say it better myself!^^

I understand why they have those laws, even the tint law, even the tint laws, but doesn't help the fact my tint helps me see better/driver better at night. Hids lights and oem hids lights bug me and without my dark tint. Ill keep paying the tickets, no matter what I'm not changing my front tint to 35%.

I should get a perception for my tint :p