top speed?

builtnagen 2teg

i have a 90 and a 93 integra. 5th gear in the 90 definitely is shorter than the 93 if you decide to switch from a 90-91 to 92-93 you will have to get the clutch for that tranny they have different size splines

91integraracer

Im lovin it
i think i might swap it out once i get this crx. some guy is gonna trade me a non running 91 crx si with a b18a1 for me other car. i think he said the engine and tranny came from a 93 DA so im gonna put the shorter tranny on the rex.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
90-93 ls trannys all have the same gear ratio with a .742:1 5th gear ratio. 94+ls trannys have the same gear ratio as the 90-93 with a different .714:1 5th gear.(A little longer geared 5th, everything else is the same)

Yes 90-93 are all cable, 94+ are all hydro.

The difference is around 3-4 mph at 70mph with those two types of trannys.

Also for comparison purposes at 4000 rpms with a s80 ls tranny in 5th you'll be at around 91mph with 15s, with the same tire and rpm using an old gsr ys1 tranny you would be at around 72mph. Gearing plays a huge difference but shorter is not always better.

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
^^ good info. I agree that shorter isn't always better.

DApearlyteg

DApearlyteg
i had my 90 just under 130 in 5th around 5000 and still wanted to go... unfortunetly at that time not me, some slick spots and its was 3:30 am. park way in greece newyork on a gorgeous day turned into long night kinda shady lol.. only mods: power steering removed and coldair intake.

Last edited:

jdm jon

i have a jdm virgin p72......has speed limiter at like 125ish.....i dont think i need to go that fast. unless its in the 1/4 making like 12/11sec passes. :shock: 8)

Last edited: