Tovi's 97 Integra RS Build! (New Here)

GreenTeggy

My name is Ben
I wouldn't know that I'm not going to college but clean build so far man! I like where it's goin!

Tovi

No kidding dude. I feel like I can hardly keep gas in the damn thing at times haha
College life sucks. Props to anyone who sees a project through while attending.
I'm in college and it does SUCK, but I have every effort to finish my project. It's just SLOOOWWW.
I know that feel
Good news is I only have a week left, so I'll have some time to focus on the GSR.

I wouldn't know that I'm not going to college but clean build so far man! I like where it's goin!
Thanks!

Do you still have the steelies and hubcaps?
I do, they're sitting at my parents house lol.

troof. the struggle is real. haha

OP: great build and transformation of the teg!
Thanks man! Made a little to do list for the Gsr:

-Buy new Intake Manifold Gasket and Exhaust Manifold Gasket
-Put my obd2 alternator, dizzy, injectors, speed sensor and whatever other sensor I run into on the GSR
-Bypass the CFK sensor since its impossible to find lol
-Clean up the motor some more and prep it for paint
-Replace the oil pump
-Clean up my GSR A/C bracket and find my compressor

After I finish that stuff up it should be ready to be dropped in. Im just undecided if I want to run the B16 trans or Ls one. I would love to use the B16 but my daily commute is usually interstate. BUT, it would be a blast to have.

Any input on that?

Teggykid952

I wouldn't paint them engine if I was you, at least not with the stuff out of the can. I did on my B20B and now it's starting to chip off and the only way to get it all off would be to pull the engine again -____-

Tovi

I wouldn't paint them engine if I was you, at least not with the stuff out of the can. I did on my B20B and now it's starting to chip off and the only way to get it all off would be to pull the engine again -____-
I've put 10k on my engine and the paint's still fresh. Did you degrease the hell out of it before?
Yea, I did it to my old swap before and it held up great. But i'm debating on this one just out of pure laziness.

But here's some progress:

I pulled the motor out again to scrub in those tight spots:

While I was letting the GSR soak in purple power, I came to the LS to change the VC gasket:

And after I scrubbed in those tight spaces. Probably as clean as ill be able to get it:

Before/After reference:

Tovi

Made a little changes to the integra recently.

I got some all red taillights for free so I decided to try them on:

I'm pretty satisfied with the all 98-01's. Next up was to deal with this annoying exhaust leak. I ordered a Yonaka exhaust and went ahead and replaced the whole thing. This was the toughest car I've ever dealt with when it came to anything dealing with the undercarriage. Everything was seized but I eventually got everything off.

Pics:

Got it in the air

Opened up the box, everything was nicely packed. It even came with hardware:

axleback test fitted, I couldn't get anything else off is why I did this first lol:

back on the ground, ended up having to cut the seized bolts off to get the new exhaust on:

And that's where she sits now.

JustinMcGee1

I like Hondas
Made a little changes to the integra recently.

I got some all red taillights for free so I decided to try them on:

I'm pretty satisfied with the all 98-01's. Next up was to deal with this annoying exhaust leak. I ordered a Yonaka exhaust and went ahead and replaced the whole thing. This was the toughest car I've ever dealt with when it came to anything dealing with the undercarriage. Everything was seized but I eventually got everything off.

Pics:

Got it in the air

Opened up the box, everything was nicely packed. It even came with hardware:

axleback test fitted, I couldn't get anything else off is why I did this first lol:

back on the ground, ended up having to cut the seized bolts off to get the new exhaust on:

And that's where she sits now.
Looks great!:)

this post was made in china using Taptalk2

xZachTheRipper8

clean car man!! how do you like that exhaust?? I was thinking about getting the same one for mine, when I got mine it has a 3in custom exhaust and its super freaking loud and annoying:/