Tovi's 97 Integra RS Build! (New Here)

Tovi

So far it's been good. It's quiet at idle and really doesn't even get that loud at WOT. But I'm a strong believer in getting what you paid for so I'm gonna wait a couple months before I really review it. I bought it cause the muffler shop was gonna charge 200 to weld me a new b pipe. But so far so good, it looks great and sounds good.

Tovi

thanks guys.

I saw this Ferrari on a staggered set of Work Meisters during the CMA's. it was cleaaaan.

swapped wheels with my buddy for a week:

Back on the konigs, I might be trading them soon. I haven't decided yet:

I started back on my motor, painted my IM manifold:

then I did my tranny:

here's the IM/TB mocked up on the motor. Its good to see it almost complete again:

The block will get painted later this afternoon when its not so hot.

Parts I have coming are IM gasket, EM gasket, and new turn signals.

Parts I need: inner timing cover and seals, throwout bearing, and fluids then she'll be ready to go.

Tovi

Black centers with bronze lips, maybe?
That would be nice but a little too much for me. I like to keep it simple.

I'm debating on trading for a set of silver track r's with brand new tires but he wants a little cash. I have time to decide though. I also got new goods for the car and did a little work to it. I will have updated as soon as by my laptop.

Tovi

Nice teg and progress, 94/7 spec nose ftw!
Agreed! I will move to a JDM front someday but not in the near future.

Here is updates.

I got my block painted a while ago:

My si Vtec turn signals came in as well, I love them:

Cleaned up my headlights:

then did a mini shoot from my iphone lol:

and back home:

I also got my gaskets in too. they are sitting on the motor right now.

My gsr needs as of now:

Throw out bearing
inner timing cover
timing cover seals
put crank pulley on
Fluids

Its getting closer to the swap.

Tovi

Sorry for the lack of updates.

Well I wont make the deadline for the swap which is fine. Ill have another year to collect parts for it, debating if I want to get a tucked harness from rywire.

I got back from San Diego recently and came back with a 350mm momo tuner for $40, 2 sets of volk lugs for $100, and a spoon shift knob for $60. The volk lugs are being sold.

Now here's where I'm stuck, I plan on making a big changes come next year. My two choices in mind are:

1. 5 lug conversion w/16" itr wheels from hmotors. BUT I plan on buying tires for my current wheels next month so I feel like it may be a waste.

2. JDM Front end conversion. The only flaw I can think of is that ill be losing my paint.

Both will be happening in the long run, I just don't know which i'd like to do first (next couple of months).

g3teg97

Super Moderator
I think the car looks great, exterior-wise. I really wouldn't change anything about. Maybe 5 lug, but I would imagine that would bring unwanted attention. I say get the swap ready to go in!

Tovi

I think the car looks great, exterior-wise. I really wouldn't change anything about. Maybe 5 lug, but I would imagine that would bring unwanted attention. I say get the swap ready to go in!
Haha, thanks. I plan to have everything to put it in over the winter but I wont be doing the swap till the next big break from school or next summer. I was gonna first mod my stock ls harness but now I want to either save for a tucked harness or buy an oem obd2 gsr harness.

Tovi

Did a little work the past couple of days.

Cleaned up the engine bay, really wish I took a before shot. WD-40 and a paint brush really works:

Painted my moldings and mirrors red:

Gave her a wash/vacuum:

Got some more goodies on the way.