Turbo Help!!!!!!!!! Turbo Help!!!!!!! Turbo Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ridered11

i have a stock dohc 1.8L and i want a turbo very bad

iv heard that a turbo on the stock motor can be very bad

so im asking what do i need to do to this motor to get it ready for a turbo

i need a turbo thats big enough to atleast have a loud hiss when the blow off valve pops

thank you for alllllll of your help
:lol:

Slo_Teggy

Slow Driver
If this was Team-Integra, this thread would be deleted in a second. You have to do your research. You can run a turbo on a stock motor just fine. You won't get much power out of it but oh well. Saying "I want boost" means nothing without solid goals. If you want to increase your horsepower by 10hp, then you can do so, if you want to double it, then you can do so. Just state goals. If you don't know exactly what you want, don't buy a thing until you do.

ridered11

but a guy made a good point by saying if the car wasnt built with a turbo it wasnt suppost to have one

i dont have alot of money so i cant afford a blown engine ... thats the only reason im asking

Slo_Teggy

Slow Driver
I don't want to sound like a dick but if you can't afford another engine, don't turbo your car. Sure the best way to use the engine is the way it came but it can withstand some extra compression. If you turbo your car and skimp out on buying the expensive parts just because you have no choice, your going to regret it. Take your time, do a lot of research, save some money, buy good parts when you can. If you rush into it, then you will end up needing a new engine guaranteed. Turbo'ing a car isn't cheap.

You can either get cheap shit, run a boosted car for a year then have to replace it all and not see any of that money back, or you can wait, get good parts that will last, spend more money but have the car last as long as you own it. Up to you.

ridered11

thanks man ... that actually kinda answered my question so thanks alot

now i just need someone to be god and give me a parts list haha

mirrorimg

thanks man ... that actually kinda answered my question so thanks alot

now i just need someone to be god and give me a parts list haha
Really? If you dont know what parts are associated with a turbo build, you have no business installing one.

There's lots of information out there, tons of articles on team-integra.net, as well as posts about the topic here.

Try reading this, and get back to us on what YOU think you need.

I'll give you a short parts list to start from
Item 1 - K swap
How is this necessary at all for a turbo build?

ridered11

well im 17 and i just got my teg so im not all that familiar

all the info i have about cars is paying attention to upgrades on forza the video games

my goals for my teg is to build my motor up enough to where it can comfortably be aspirated by a turbo and not worrying about it blowing up

i know romes not gonna be built in a day so im going to do it right ... i just want my final result a beefy engine that needs an intercooler and has a loud as blow off valve from a turbo

i deffinately dont want to be a ricer although thats what i sound like i know but i want my teg to be done right and be right up there with the best of the best

mirrorimg

Well if you want a built engine, and a turbo setup, that is properly tuned...

You're looking at $4k minimum.

You can turbocharge your car without building the motor. As long as its healthy, you can run up to 300hp on stock sleeves. Around the 300hp mark, you're risking cracking a sleeve because thats the limit on them.

You got a few out of the necessary components of a turbo build:
-Turbocharger
-Blow off valve
-Intercooler

Theres some others though.

Last edited:

DumaDa9

if you really plan on boosting your car and are really going to commit to it i suggest joining multiple forums and reading all the thread possible in the forced induction sections.

ridered11

well i mean 4k over the course of a year or two isnt nothing

im just not able to build my engine up all at one time because i use it to go to school and everwhere else so im going to be building it up slow so i needed a ballpark estimate of things i need in like a reasonable order

like camshafts, valves, igniton and stuff like that .... do i need to get better ones of that stuff or would i be fine just getting a small turbo

i would be happy with a turbo an intercooler and a blow off valve thats loud as fudge

r0g3r16

well i mean 4k over the course of a year or two isnt nothing

im just not able to build my engine up all at one time because i use it to go to school and everwhere else so im going to be building it up slow so i needed a ballpark estimate of things i need in like a reasonable order

like camshafts, valves, igniton and stuff like that .... do i need to get better ones of that stuff or would i be fine just getting a small turbo

i would be happy with a turbo an intercooler and a blow off valve thats loud as fudge
sounds like you just want the loud bov. if your driving all fast just to hear the bov go off you probably will blow the motor fast, or atleast have problems all the time

j13

Keep It Clean
You can run a good amount of boost on a stock B18 engine.

What turbo are you planning on getting?

If this was Team-Integra, this thread would be deleted in a second. And you would've been banned.
Fixed.

ridered11

Idk enough about turbos to know what kind I need ... I want a good turbo with

Alot of whp but I don't have the money to redo my whole engine

although if y'all say the only way to get a good one is to redo the engine

I'll probably just turn this into a project car I

Yea

I'd enjoy having a loud bov noise just to make it pop whenever it was a good moment

but in the back of my head I want a damn good one so when I nail the throttle

My teg takes off on anybody tryin to race

lowazzteg

3rd Super Mario Bro
i realize you are 17 and don't really know anything about cars except the things you learn in Forza... but posting on a forum saying all you want out of a boosted car is a "blow off valve that pops" isn't really a good start.

Step 1 - Make your car reliable.