Turbo Help!!!!!!!!! Turbo Help!!!!!!! Turbo Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ridered11

I know most of y'all are actual racers an take this stuff serious but y'all

wouldn't believe how much your smart ass remarks help haha

Just like this guy saying make it reliable ... This helps me know to make it reliable before I put a turbo

On the damn thing ... Thanks alot ... Soon as my teg gets out of the paint shop

it's gonna be turned into a fudgin monster

j13

Keep It Clean
I know most of y'all are actual racers an take this stuff serious but y'all

wouldn't believe how much your smart ass remarks help haha

Just like this guy saying make it reliable ... This helps me know to make it reliable before I put a turbo

On the damn thing ... Thanks alot ... Soon as my teg gets out of the paint shop

it's gonna be turned into a fudgin monster
Well man..it might sound like a "smart ass remark" but we don't say shit like "yo man, my mad tyte JdM MoTor vtech Pops Hard!"....

You must learn about this hobby/lifestyle/sport before jumping into things. Because it will get pricey and you must and have a straight mind, and rethink things sometimes.

Also remember that having a car with an after market turbo, properly setup, will turn your car into a rocket. You must learn how to control the car before thinking about "building a beast". If you don't know how to drive the car correct, the car will drive you correctly... in a wall. Goodluck.

mirrorimg

You can boost a stock motor. I'm pretty sure I said that in my post. You cannot exceed 300hp on the motor because the sleeves will go. You just need all the parts any person would need for a turbo build, and a good tune.

You can shop around, other things needed on top of what you said before are:
Exhaust manifold
Wastegate
Intercooler piping

Prozon

Kris
Naturally I grouped intercooler piping with an intercooler. Who puts an intercooler in their car and doesn't hook it up to anything?

It doesn't sound like a turbo would be a good move right now as everyone else has said. You might also consider the current condition of your motor. Turbo's can be hard on motors, and even with the right turbo an engine that's worn won't handle it well. Being reliable is a must if it's your daily driver. I think your best move is to make it reliable and save up for the turbo.

I just had a great idea for you though, it sounds to me like you just want to show off with the turbo.. so instead of 4,000 into a turbo, put less then that into an audio system-- then you can just download an MP3 of the turbo and play it real loud. ;) Then you can confuse your friends when your turbo kicks on when your in a parking lot with the car off! Hahaha.

Like everyone else has stated, I think your best off doing a lot of research among different websites before you even decide you want a turbo. Looking at Forza upgrades is not knowledge in my book. Looks like your already learning though, a few people have already got a good list going for you. And don't skimp on them either, no ebay turbo, aight?

I'm curious about your car though. What year? Any pics?

ridered11

yea thanks to all yall helping me except the dumbass with the turbo whistler in the muffler

i want power but i want it to sound damn good

im not saying the sound is all i want im just saying i will settle for that

and my engine is almost brand new ... a little over 500 miles

if my signature works this time heres my car minus the paint ... its getting painted as we speak haha

skylineguy2612

ok sorry about the whistle thing it was just a joke and i just thought it was funny lol

skylineguy2612

yea i saw it on youtube and was like wow i wonder if theres a thread that this would fit and urs was on the homepage... lol

lowazzteg

3rd Super Mario Bro
I've spent about $2,000-$2,750 on my car making it JUST a more reliable car. I've done a full bushing upgrade, completely new braking system, struts, springs, strut bars, etc... Really no horsepower upgrades. My car feels great taking turns, stopping... You get the idea. Just figure out what you really want to do with your car.

I boosted my first car. A 92 accord auto. So much fun, but blew it up 8 months later. lolz.

Turbodteggy

List of parts,

Turbo
Turbo manifold
intercooler plus piping
External waste gate ( unless the turbo you get is internal )
Blow off valve
oil feed and return lines
new gaskets
down pipe
boost guage
a proper GOOD tune
injectors
fuel pump
exhaust
new head studs

The list can keep going on and on. Just depends on how reliable and how much power you want.
As mirror said i wouldnt try and go much past 300hp on that motor. I have a b18b that i turbo'd with 278 whp and its my daily driver and it is perfect for me for a dd. I would do your research on what blow off valve you want also.

ridered11

o dang!!!!! well i was also considering maybe buying a motor that i can swap thats kinda built for a turbo or comes stock with one on it ... just so i know that its not gonna go ka boom

Turbodteggy

any motor if not well taken care of, not tuned properly, etc will blow eventually. If you plan on just throwing a garbage ebay turbo kit on your motor and beat the living hell out of it every time you see your friends or another fast car, then that motor will not last at all. Do it right, if your motor was just rebuilt 500 miles ago, break it in more. Peice together your own turbo kit, do it right. Biggest thing is your TUNE!!!! no matter what do not cheap out on your tune.

ridered11

alright thanks alot but now another question has came across for me to ask

on my 91 integra the pipe before the muffler comes straight and right at the very end towards the rear it bends left ... is there any way my muffler can come straight out rather than laying in there sideways?

i want my muffler to be pointing straight out the rear but im not sure if i can do that on a 91 or not

HELP?