Turbo Help!!!!!!!!! Turbo Help!!!!!!! Turbo Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ridered11

:shock:so its not as easy as just cutting where it begins to bend and slip on the tuner exhaust?

Turbodteggy

If i were you i would wait for the exhaust, because i would do a full like 3 inch turbo back exhaust anyways, not like a cat back exhaust

Turbodteggy

i would first start out with the turbo and manifold, do your research on them. Make sure it will fit properly, its a good turbo, it can handle the power band you want. Make sure the manifold isnt a cheap one that will just crack or wont flow properly. then go on to the intercooler and piping. along with your blow off valve and waste gate. then get a custom down pipe and find a exhaust you will like

Things to look for when buy a blow off valve is make sure the blow off valve can handle the power and its a sound you like. that goes along with the wastegate. I reccomend a tial waste gate and with a hks ssq blow off valve. i know that intercoolers are about the only thing you can ebay. they flow almost just as well if not just as much as name brand ones. Get the proper intercooler piping. make sure all the bends fit good. since your going to want to stay under 300 hp i would recommend just getting 2.00 - 2.25 inch piping.
You also want injectors that can keep up with the demand of the motor. As i just said since your going to want to stay under 300 hp, i would get 750cc injectors just so you are on the safe side. 750cc injectors are good for about 350 hp. and to get the fuel to the injectors get a walbro 255 fuel pump.

Also dont forget about looking into a clutch/flywheel, tires so you actually catch traction and a fuel management system

Last edited:

ridered11

so is it possible for me to have the same looking exhaust

thats on slo_teggys car

i know his is new but mine is a 91 and instead of coming straight out it takes a 90 degree bend

my dumbass wonders if you cant just cut the bend off and put that muffler on or is it more difficult than that

i know it has something to do with the gas tank but im not totally sure at all :smokin:

Prozon

Kris
Whats wrong with how your muffler is? And you could always just get a new exhaust system..

But hey, if your up for an engine swap you might go V-Tec. Just remember after you get the turbo on it, your going to want to take it somewhere to get it tuned.

ridered11

my muffler is stock and i want a performance one on it ... instead of it being just engine noise i want a semi loud muffler

a big mouth one like the one on slo_teggy

Slo_Teggy

Slow Driver
My exhaust is the Skunk2 Mega Power. You should get something that is more quiet. I had the Apexi WS2 and loved it but did a good favor for a friend and traded for the Skunk2 one I have now. He needed a quiet exhaust to sell a car (to an old lady) so I traded him. Kind of regret that now.

Once your slap all the turbo parts on, tow it to a tuning shop. If you're going to drive it, DO NOT hit boost on your way there.

DumaDa9

you guys are forgetting that he is obd0, which means he'll need to do an obd1 conversion, which means when he orders the ecu he can have them put a base map in it for his set up so that he can drive around (not hitting boost though) to get tuned

BCope

just get a t3 from ebay with an adjustable blow off valve and set it for the lowest psi setting. the stock cast pistons and rods suck for turbos with more powerful psi. Although, you should start saving your money and DO IT RIGHT!!!!! 4k to 5 k will get it done solid with a rock solid block and rotating assembly Import performance parts .com has good eagle rotating assemblies.