what exactly do you need to lower your car?

jorge75

Im planning on buying some tein s tech springs but i heard you need to buy new shocks and maybe a camber kit? May that be true?

Nick_C78

Never lower a car on oem struts. You need struts that are meant to be lowered. And yes a camber kit is needed if you want to have a proper wheel alignment. By the way you will need to get an alignment after you lower your car, because your toe is going to be all out of whack, and obviously your camber as well. Don't cut corners.

XjoEnX

You just need springs to lower it. All that extra stuff Nick mentioned is an added bonus for safety and comfort which you should also consider. But since you already have the springs, do it at your discretion. :thumbs up

jorge75

oooohh okay and what struts would be recommended? certain brand or something?
Thanks guys appreciate the help

bkirshr

User that is Registered
Koni yellows are what a lot of people have. and it's not imperitive that you get new shocks, but it is highly recommended. I know a lot of people with just springs on OEM struts. some are riding fine, others have blown struts. Just know that the struts will blow out a lot faster if they are OEM

Nick_C78

oooohh okay and what struts would be recommended? certain brand or something?
Thanks guys appreciate the help
Koni, tokico, tein, buddyclub, skunk2, eibach, the list is pretty long man. JRZ if you want to be the ultimate baller lol.

Last edited:

jorge75

Koni yellows are what a lot of people have. and it's not imperitive that you get new shocks, but it is highly recommended. I know a lot of people with just springs on OEM struts. some are riding fine, others have blown struts. Just know that the struts will blow out a lot faster if they are OEM
yeah i get that, ill just go with whats highly recommened to be on the safe side.

dlo253

Get koni or tokico they come with a lifetime warranty. A lot of people run those with the ground control coil sleeves, which also have a lifetime warranty.