what exactly do you need to lower your car?

djzachtyler

Looking for my next Teg..
Well im just dropping 2 inches and they dont have some brands for my car. I have a 92 integra so im kinda limited when it comes to brands or their different choices
IDK why you think that... there are at least 10 different brands I can think of off the top of my head... and each of those have several choices depending on if you want OE, Performance, or race setups... and they all make shocks/struts for the DA still.

jorge75

IDK why you think that... there are at least 10 different brands I can think of off the top of my head... and each of those have several choices depending on if you want OE, Performance, or race setups... and they all make shocks/struts for the DA still.
well from the search ive done i havent seen too much options, could be my fault though.

djzachtyler

here's some brands
Meagan racing
Blackworks Racing
Function FOrm
Tein
Tokico
Skunk 2
KYB

then add any 3 ebay china shocks you find to round out the number... there are more than those, but the ones I listed are more popular

The_818_Boi

Keep It JDM Bruhh!
Just get some F&F type 1s, there not the best but for $600 I heard they ride better than alot spring/shock combo 4 that price.
Im goin to get mine tomorrow.

pinatigerdc4

Overall I heard Function Form's are the best. And one of the cheapest. Around 550$

At the moment I am using oem struts on my 97 ls. With skunk 2 coilovers (springs and sleeves) Godspeed Camber Kit&LCA's and yes it rides very nice. I know i have a few months till my shocks go out. By that time I will just get some F&F's.

If you're on a budget then any name brand springs and sleeves (Tein,Eibach,Megan,Skunk2) and install with your oem struts. Looking at $100-$200 for parts

Installation shouldn't be much either.

djzachtyler

on 2nd gens alot of the guys that have run em have been 50/50 on the FFs seems they absolutely love em or hate em.

I'm thinking about trying our the meagan racing shocks have heard they are descent and a set locally runs around 600-650, other part of me kinda want to just save and get the Skunk 2 pro C II setup as I plan to start hitting laguna seca and thunder hill next year with some race buddies.

Last edited:

gsr_nikhil

I swear by Function and forms. Also u don't really NEED a camber kit...especially if ur not going too low. Just make sure ur all lined up after installation so u don't have uneven tire wear

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

jorge75

I swear by Function and forms. Also u don't really NEED a camber kit...especially if ur not going too low. Just make sure ur all lined up after installation so u don't have uneven tire wear

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2
i really dont? its 2 inches that gonna drop

joeliebobelie

I have skunk2 coilivers, with from skunk2 upper control arms that have adjustable ball joints so u can get it aligned properly

Swerve

Shawn
I have Skunk2 Pro Series 2 Coilovers and Skunk2 Front and Rear Camber and I HIGHLY reccomend AGAINST them andothers will back me up on this.