what exactly do you need to lower your car?

Nick_C78

Very true.

I agree though. Koni Yellow with ground controls is one of the best set ups for the money for DD. Also Koni race struts with custom sprung ground controls is a track proven set up.

dopematic

Just throw the tein springs onto your stock shocks and see how you like it.

Nick_C78

Well, if you haven't bought the springs yet, the best option would be to do it the right way the first time. I get why people are saying you can lower your car with OEM struts, because technically you can. But just because you can do something, doesn't mean you should.

Pros and Cons of lowering on OEM struts:
Save money on buying new struts(temporarily anyways)
Will ride like crap, usually bouncy
Will cause your struts to blow out much faster
Will not handle as well
End up having to do your suspension multiple times

Pros and Cons of lowering it on after market struts such as Koni:
Will cost a lot more out the gate to get that low look you like
Will ride much smoother
Koni Struts have a lifetime warranty
Will handle much better
Only have to do the job once

jorge75

Well, if you haven't bought the springs yet, the best option would be to do it the right way the first time. I get why people are saying you can lower your car with OEM struts, because technically you can. But just because you can do something, doesn't mean you should.

Pros and Cons of lowering on OEM struts:
Save money on buying new struts(temporarily anyways)
Will ride like crap, usually bouncy
Will cause your struts to blow out much faster
Will not handle as well
End up having to do your suspension multiple times

Pros and Cons of lowering it on after market struts such as Koni:
Will cost a lot more out the gate to get that low look you like
Will ride much smoother
Koni Struts have a lifetime warranty
Will handle much better
Only have to do the job once

yeah i get that i mean its pretty much you get what you pay for

Nick_C78

Yeah. Really just comes down to if you are willing to drop the cash right now. It is well worth it though. I have done it both ways and never again will I lower on OEM struts. How low are you wanting to make it? If it is just a 2 inch drop I recommend getting the Eibach Pro-system Dampers with Eibach Sportline Springs. Or you can get the entire Eibach Pro-system Kit, which is only like $465 dollars with a million mile warranty.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/eib-4020-780/overview/year/1995/make/acura/model/integra

I actually have the Eibach Pro-System kit on my car right now if you want reference pics of how it sits.

Edit: I actually feel dumb, I noticed you have a DA and I gave you the link for a DC2.. My bad. And I don't think Eibach makes struts for DA... So yeah I would say go with Koni struts if anything. Tokico blues are ok, but I have found them to fail fairly quickly from personal experience.

Last edited:

jorge75

Yeah. Really just comes down to if you are willing to drop the cash right now. It is well worth it though. I have done it both ways and never again will I lower on OEM struts. How low are you wanting to make it? If it is just a 2 inch drop I recommend getting the Eibach Pro-system Dampers with Eibach Sportline Springs. Or you can get the entire Eibach Pro-system Kit, which is only like $465 dollars with a million mile warranty.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/eib-4020-780/overview/year/1995/make/acura/model/integra

I actually have the Eibach Pro-System kit on my car right now if you want reference pics of how it sits.

Edit: I actually feel dumb, I noticed you have a DA and I gave you the link for a DC2.. My bad. And I don't think Eibach makes struts for DA... So yeah I would say go with Koni struts if anything. Tokico blues are ok, but I have found them to fail fairly quickly from personal experience.

Yeah i know its really worth it & yeah i want to drop it about 2 inches. and its okay dont worry about it but id love to see the pics on how your car sits. How long did the tokico blues last you? I probably will go with koni but ima have to wait to get the cash for them.

djzachtyler

Looking for my next Teg..
what do you guys think about the tokico HP series?
My teg came with Tokico blues (HP) they are allright. a little bouncy at higher speeds... I am looking for something better personally. want to go with a full coilover setup versus shocks and sleeves.

now for most daily driving the HP shocks are fine.. lowered they are stiff enough to handle well on surface streets Issues I have ahd with them lowered on other Hondas in the past iis they do not takke well to extreme lowering and can blow out.

Like someone said earlier it is better to get a good setup out of the gate than to dick around with crap setups.

96LSteg

Jemel
I have the TruHart struts that are sold on TunerSport for like $188. They are a shorter strut so those alone will lower you some and I have Eibach Sport Line springs. They are sweet for the price and i don't regret getting them at all...

jorge75

Well im just dropping 2 inches and they dont have some brands for my car. I have a 92 integra so im kinda limited when it comes to brands or their different choices