What's wrong with Ebay coilovers?

freeclowns

I would say not to buy ebay coilovers and save up for a better setup. My Integra came with the red knock off "ebay coilovers" and let me tell you it could bounce my 300 pound butt out of the seat. Even cracked my windshield from hitting so hard on bumps. For 448 shipped you can get skunk2 sport shocks and lowering spring shipped to your house in 3 days.

You can find some great deals on ebay for used iteams, new iteams just a little cheaper and at the same time get screwed over.

Robbdance

Straight Pipes
Suspension isn't something you cheap out on, trust me.
If you want to lower you car, do it right. You get what you pay for, and people will notice.
If you buy a $300 set of coilovers, expect them to perform like a $300 set of coilovers. The ride will (probably) be horrible at any height. I know guy who have cut springs, and I personally just dumped a good fistful of bills on a coilover setup worth $1500. You know what the difference is? I can enjoy my ride and it will function quite well when I'm pushing my car. The guy on cut springs will bounce for 100 feet after he hits an expansion joint in a bridge.
Save up and do it right, you won't regret it.

Prozon

Kris
It's been said before and I'll reiterate that: Ebay is not a brand of anything. Ebay is a place where people sell stuff. This Ebay stigma nonsense is people buying the stupid cheap, bulls*** fake products expecting them to work and blaming it on "Oh, it was from ebay". Reputable brands can be bought on there, don't buy the s***ty stuff. Ebay= Online auctions.
I think something you need to understand is that when people say "eBay coilovers" they are referring to those brands that ONLY sell on eBay and sell CHEAP. It's really not that fucking hard to figure out, no sense trying to be a smart ass. No shit reputable brands can be bought on eBay, but how many REPUTABLE companies sell specifically on eBay? Exactly.

We get the point.
Fact of the matter ebay is know for a place to get the cheapest parts. There for the cheapest coilovers will be deemed ebay coilovers. And we all know you get what you pay for. Ebay coilovers can be interpenetrated as to the cheapest coilovers on the site.

You know what he meant by ebay coilovers, i knew and 99% of the people that know a splinter of car stuff know what he meant. No need to add fuel to a loosing fire.

Just my opinion. No need to be so uptight about it.
Rep to you.

Suspension isn't something you cheap out on, trust me.
If you want to lower you car, do it right. You get what you pay for, and people will notice.
If you buy a $300 set of coilovers, expect them to perform like a $300 set of coilovers. The ride will (probably) be horrible at any height. I know guy who have cut springs, and I personally just dumped a good fistful of bills on a coilover setup worth $1500. You know what the difference is? I can enjoy my ride and it will function quite well when I'm pushing my car. The guy on cut springs will bounce for 100 feet after he hits an expansion joint in a bridge.
Save up and do it right, you won't regret it.
Hey, a legit post! Rep to you too.

I think that's the point to be made here, you get what you pay for. If your fine with the ride quality of a cheap suspension set up, well more power to you. Save some money and go for it. However if you care about the quality of your ride.. your going to have to pay for it, as Robbdance has said.

Good luck on your decision. :thumbs up

eiznekeM

I think something you need to understand is that when people say "eBay coilovers" they are referring to those brands that ONLY sell on eBay and sell CHEAP. It's really not that f***ing hard to figure out, no sense trying to be a smart ass. No s*** reputable brands can be bought on eBay, but how many REPUTABLE companies sell specifically on eBay? Exactly.
Yes, fair enough, my tirade was a little under thought. You are correct, reputable companies do not sell their items through eBay, but you can pick up legitimate used parts up for pretty cheap.

My point was this pretty well,

You can pick s*** like this up :
http://cgi.ebay.ca/98-02-Accord-Lowering-Coilover-Coil-Springs-Adjustable-/290576562455?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item43a7b67917#ht_2444wt_989

But you can also pick stuff such as this up:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/JDM-JZA80-TEIN-COILOVER-TOYOTA-SUPRA-MK4-94-97-/380346165594?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item588e65e95a#ht_2669wt_905

Prozon

Kris
And the difference? The eBay store is selling that product "NEW." The Tein product is being sold "USED" on eBay.

Dfrederick2nd

Just Playing The Game
i had a 1990 civic on some 60 dollar ebay coil overs they rode hard never had any problems outta my car but my back was killing me hahahaha

Cripton805

I don't really think it's the coilovers making the ride quality harsh. It's the coilovers mated with OEM shocks... It's a Bad on Bad combo....

Drop = Better Struts.
Clearly F'n obvious.

1qikteg

you could get the best coilovers there are and on stuck struts they are going to be sh!t. I put a set of dropzone strut/coilovers package on my Civic(ej1) for easily 5 years and never had a problem with them. Just be smart on the purchase do a little research and make sure you have everything. Buy some aftermarket struts if your going to put coilovers on your vehicle

beatfanatikz

I really appreciate all the feedback ..but I agree with quality and I will spoil my baby with quality thing all I was wondering was if there was a difference between them..is there anyone that can help me find the best deal on coilovers

Prozon

Kris
The best deal on good name brand coil overs or eBay coil overs? And if you're asking about the best of the eBay brands, I can't help you there. Not sure it really matters when you're going cheap.