Why do Maxima drivers think there top s***?

96 teg

Well I lets just say I may or may not have an 07 maxima lol but I think my car handle pretty great not fastest in the world but some late 90's early 2000's vettes have seen the tails on it . The older ones are pretty but out of all the generations the 2002 and 2003 are probably the quickest since they still have the light body the new vq35 and they came with a 6spd trans known to run low 14's stock .....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

98DC2GSR

98DC2GSR
Maxima GXE: 190 hp 205 torque 2970 lbs
Integra GS-R: 170 hp 128 torque 2765 lbs

So honestly, it might be a good race.

Nissan is known for their low end torque and honda is known for the high revving power, but in this case, they are beaten.

So in a straight line, I would take the maxima as it has the torque to take the integra off the line and enough hp to stay in front.
But on a circuit track, I would go with the integra. Throwing that weight around wouldn't help the maxima.

The ITR has 195, so that changes everything.....lol
depends on what racing youre talking about. in a 1/8 mile drag race it would beat the teg and probably in the 1/4 mile too, torque is king when it comes to drag racing but as for say autocross or circuit then its really down to the skill of the driver.

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
I've seen a 6 six speed Altima (yeah not a maxima) trap 100mph and edge out an Evo8 from a rolling with nothing but bolt ons. They aren't exactly slow for their time.

Bizzyb

B18C1 lover
I raced an 06 maxima that thoroughly beat me and I don't think my gsr is that slow. Those 3.5's run pretty hard.

SoundEfx

depends on what racing youre talking about. in a 1/8 mile drag race it would beat the teg and probably in the 1/4 mile too, torque is king when it comes to drag racing but as for say autocross or circuit then its really down to the skill of the driver.
This is 100% true.
The weight of the maxima 'might' become a factor three quarter of the way down the track though.
That is why I said that it should be a good race.
Also, to make it fair, we're talking stock vs stock. So no bolt-ons or anything.

I currently have both an Integra and a sentra with the QR engine and trust me, the first time I drove the teg, I was like 'WTF? This thing is slow as fuc down low'.
Why?
Because I got used to the low end torque of the nissan....:D

But every time I look down at the teg's dash and see that almost 7K red line, I can't help but smile.

Every car has their strengths and weaknesses and that is why we nissan guys always race hondas from a dig. No rolling starts for us .... lol....

Murphy

Meat Master
The Maxima is pretty much the king of sporty Japanese sedans. It's just a completely different animal from the Integra.

SoundEfx

True. That is why some of us sentra owners swap in the VQ35DE engine.
Others went even further and boosted that engine.

Talk about sleeper sentra status.....:D

I can't remember the year, but at one point they labeled the maxima '4DSC' - 4 Door Sports Car...lol

Last edited:

98DC2GSR

98DC2GSR
This is 100% true.
The weight of the maxima 'might' become a factor three quarter of the way down the track though.
That is why I said that it should be a good race.
Also, to make it fair, we're talking stock vs stock. So no bolt-ons or anything.

I currently have both an Integra and a sentra with the QR engine and trust me, the first time I drove the teg, I was like 'WTF? This thing is slow as fuc down low'.
Why?
Because I got used to the low end torque of the nissan....:D

But every time I look down at the teg's dash and see that almost 7K red line, I can't help but smile.

Every car has their strengths and weaknesses and that is why we nissan guys always race hondas from a dig. No rolling starts for us .... lol....
imagine your smile with a 8.5k redline ;) lol
i feel the same way when i drive my 97 impreza that i use for work and getting parts an ect lol AWD and nice low end power so when i drive that all day and then take my teg out im like oh man nothing in the low end lo and then when i take my trans am to the track im like fuck both my cars are slow as shit lol i dont ever race my teg. i get on it once in awhile but for racing it nah theres no point lol when i go to the track for street heat theres always a lot of hondas acuras and nissans and the civics and tegs are always breaking axles an trannys lol