Works Bell and NRG: Two Different End-Products

j13

Keep It Clean
wow i never knew NRG was a replica, this was informative. thanks for the write-up
I seen a old thread on hater tech, a guy claiming to have all "real parts" and he got called out for his nrg gear, thats how I learned about nrg

ZaWn

I seen a old thread on hater tech, a guy claiming to have all "real parts" and he got called out for his nrg gear, thats how I learned about nrg
That must have sucked for him. Lol. At least he had the real NRG lol not an ebay quick release...

-Z-

Sammich

LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOO damn i woulda loved to have seen that thread

MrEnglish

I know this is an old thread but I thought some things perhaps needed clearing up.. First of all, saying whether one is genuine or not is like asking which came first, the chicken or the egg... As far as patents go, NRG has one (7,527,293); however, a patent on something like that is also relative. You can change a product enough to get a new patent. If people actually research the stuff they post, you will find that Lee H. Dahmer was one of the first with the patent # 6,971,675 for a quick release. As far as market wise, it's most likely due to the lower price of NRG's quick releases that they are more popular. I can't say anything in regards to Works Bell quality because I've never compared them side by side. I wouldn't doubt that Works Bell is probably better made seeing as NRG's are made in China/Taiwan whereas I would assume that Works Bell is made in Japan.. but then again, that's speculation...

Also, if NRG was THAT bad, why would it be featured in the Nissan 370Z in Fast Five? They use an NRG Hub Adapter, Steering Wheel, AND Quick Release... I have dealt with NRG on many occasions and haven't really found any problems with them.. I suppose it's each to their own. Every company has a bad egg, I guess some are just unlucky to be the one that gets it.. http://www.crowdersllc.com/2013/12/nrg-products-featured-in-fast-five/

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
Obviously you have not researched even the core concept. Price point! With a world of hard parkers, obviously price is the end-all, be-all. Quality is almost completely overlooked by most people, almost as much as your opinion. Fuck you, come back when you have a real world perspective; otherwise keep your mouth closed.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Lol. Ball beating quick releases become lose over time. I think the works bell is less susceptible to this. I rather use a non ball bearing type

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nick_C78

The best and safest quick release is no quick release.

I have yet to see issues with the nrg still. Hell Tom Attack still has his gen 1 on his track ef and it is perfect. If it can handle that kind of beating I think we are safe. Just saying.

However, if my breaks on me i'll be sure to post in here...if I am alive.

jbrown97ls

The best and safest quick release is no quick release.

Ughhhh, don't make such contradicting statements. I understand your saying that a non-quick release is safer than a quick release mounted wheel, but there is definitely a "best" quick release. Works Bell set the standard, uses superior materials, and has a better manufacturing process; therefor it's viewed as being the "best and safest."

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Ughhhh, don't make such contradicting statements. I understand your saying that a non-quick release is safer than a quick release mounted wheel, but there is definitely a "best" quick release. Works Bell set the standard, uses superior materials, and has a better manufacturing process; therefor it's viewed as being the "best and safest."
OMP>sparco>worksbell>

Nick_C78

Enlighten me
About what? You didn't understand what I said? Read the rest of it. Not just the smartass comment I started it with.

Ok here let me simplify things for everybody. Is works bell better? Yeah, thats why it costs a hell of a lot more. Is it worth the price difference? Probably not, but it looks good on your forum build threads. You guys make it seem like NRG is a death trap, when that just isn't the case. I know many track people who have put it through the paces and it hasn't failed.

If you want to look baller, get a works bell.

If you want to save money get an NRG.

Both work. Simple as that.

Last edited: