Works Bell and NRG: Two Different End-Products

jbrown97ls

[ QUOTE=Nick4dei;1295525]About what? You didn't understand what I said? Read the rest of it. Not just the smartass comment I started it with.

Ok here let me simplify things for everybody. Is works bell better? Yeah, thats why it costs a hell of a lot more. Is it worth the price difference? Probably not, but it looks good on your forum build threads. You guys make it seem like NRG is a death trap, when that just isn't the case. I know many track people who have put it through the paces and it hasn't failed.

If you want to look baller, get a works bell.

If you want to save money get an NRG.

Both work. Simple as that.[/QUOTE]

You went on a tangent about how a gen one nrg hasn't failed yet and how your set up hasn't failed either. Just because they both work doesn't mean they're made equally. That's like saying an eBay turbo that hasn't went to shit it just as good as a Garret. I'm not bashing NRG, I'm just saying that works bell is "better and safer" out of the two. With that said, I'm sure OMP or SPARCO could be seen as "best of the best" but I haven't looked into them.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
That being said i have a few complaints about SPARCO's quick release. Will be switching sometime to a WorksBell or OMP.

jbrown97ls

Do we have a quick release "comparison thread" or whatever they're called like the coil over thread?

Nick_C78

That's like saying an eBay turbo that hasn't went to s*** it just as good as a Garret.
Not exactly, but if you want to use twisted logic then sure. "Best and Safest," nope. Most cost effective, nope.

Dylan was right though about ball bearing ones being dangerous in general. The safest quick releases are the spline style like Nascar uses.

(This is funny, because I could honestly care less about this topic. To me it is just a hub. I use an NRG, but I don't love the company or anything. I just find it funny how worked up you are getting about it)

ZaWn

I know this is an old thread but I thought some things perhaps needed clearing up.. First of all, saying whether one is genuine or not is like asking which came first, the chicken or the egg... As far as patents go, NRG has one (7,527,293); however, a patent on something like that is also relative. You can change a product enough to get a new patent. If people actually research the stuff they post, you will find that Lee H. Dahmer was one of the first with the patent # 6,971,675 for a quick release. As far as market wise, it's most likely due to the lower price of NRG's quick releases that they are more popular. I can't say anything in regards to Works Bell quality because I've never compared them side by side. I wouldn't doubt that Works Bell is probably better made seeing as NRG's are made in China/Taiwan whereas I would assume that Works Bell is made in Japan.. but then again, that's speculation...

Also, if NRG was THAT bad, why would it be featured in the Nissan 370Z in Fast Five? They use an NRG Hub Adapter, Steering Wheel, AND Quick Release... I have dealt with NRG on many occasions and haven't really found any problems with them.. I suppose it's each to their own. Every company has a bad egg, I guess some are just unlucky to be the one that gets it.. http://www.crowdersllc.com/2013/12/nrg-products-featured-in-fast-five/
As I said on the beginning of my thread, I am merely providing you with information and giving you my opinion about what drove me to go with Worksbell. Everyone has their own opinions and this is mine. Worksbell has a patent in Japan,1977, way before NRG, created in 2003 was around but NRG was smart enough to file for a patent in the USA first before Worksbell could. In my opinion, it was a foul move by NRG to take out their competition so that they can sell more of the products that they replicated. On top of that, your argument is a fallacy and invalid because being featured in a movie and popularity does not have anything to do with the quality of a product; it's just marketing, which most people fall for. So come back when you have a valid argument and until the, hold your tongue MrEnglish.

Obviously you have not researched even the core concept. Price point! With a world of hard parkers, obviously price is the end-all, be-all. Quality is almost completely overlooked by most people, almost as much as your opinion. f*** you, come back when you have a real world perspective; otherwise keep your mouth closed.
^This

The best and safest quick release is no quick release.

I have yet to see issues with the nrg still. Hell Tom Attack still has his gen 1 on his track ef and it is perfect. If it can handle that kind of beating I think we are safe. Just saying.

However, if my breaks on me i'll be sure to post in here...if I am alive.
We all have reasons for getting a quick release. Mine is for theft and to get in and out of the car more easily, especially when I have heels on. NRG is not a bad brand and I'm sure that their quick releases will not give you any issues, but I just prefer Worksbell.

Not exactly, but if you want to use twisted logic then sure. "Best and Safest," nope. Most cost effective, nope.

Dylan was right though about ball bearing ones being dangerous in general. The safest quick releases are the spline style like Nascar uses.

(This is funny, because I could honestly care less about this topic. To me it is just a hub. I use an NRG, but I don't love the company or anything. I just find it funny how worked up you are getting about it)
Enough with the sword fights you guys. As I said before, my intention for writing up this thread is to provide clubintegra members with an insight about Worksbell and NRG in the event that members are intending to buy a quick release and need additional information about what is out there.

-Z-