Zawn's Dark Horse

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
Scraping header at that height? Bad driver! jk.. you must have a 4-1 or similar that doesnt have good clearance... what the hell are you hitting at that height? lol speedbumps and shitty driveways?

ZaWn

Scraping header at that height? Bad driver! jk.. you must have a 4-1 or similar that doesnt have good clearance... what the hell are you hitting at that height? lol speedbumps and s***ty driveways?
Mostly speedbumps. I have the Ceremic DC 4-1 header. I think I'm scrapping due to the my not so stiff suspension. Hehez

-Z-

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
lol Im gonna call suspicion that youre not driving slow enough. =P I have the jdm 4-1, clearance is decent but i dont scrape unless the bump has some stupid mountain of a hump on it. When not lowered we tend to drive more freely with bumps driveways.

To get technical its not simply speed, but control. Its the downside of the bump thats more important than the upside cuz this is what compresses the suspension the most. I used to not care so much until i saw the dents in my oem manifold. Naturally i care more now that its a header instead.

Last edited:

ZaWn

This is extreme angling. Not sure if you can see, but I would most probably scrape with a lip.

-Z-

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
The lip is not that much lower, it just makes it look a lot better.. .a little goes the distance. I scrape my lip.. almost all of it is the bottom and not that often honestly. No big deal. Its worth the aesthetic improvement. 95% of the time i dont angle for bumps.. only driveways/slants. Control the travel on the downside of the speedbump and your suspension will hardly compress. Yes stiffer suspension will do even better with that.

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
Nah, you good. And there is a method to clearing the header, like when I angle over the bump at my house, most of that is just to clear the header. You can do it!

ZaWn

I don't scrape my header as much as my bumper nowadays but then again, I haven't scraped anything for a while now. Maybe it is time to get a lip :thumbs up

-Z-

ZaWn

Were you at St. James Park, Downtown San Jose like 2 hours ago? I drove by a parked Integra. Looked exactly like yours. Same color, sparkly clean, and about the same height. But it was rocking the LS mesh, though.
Haha. Didn't know you were in my area EyeKhan.
Yeah, switched to 5-lugs and rolling on new wheels.

-Z-