Matt's DB8 Picture/Progress Thread

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
I just picked up an OEM DC2 ITR brake master cylinder.

Anthony90

TeamXXXracing
Very nice Matt. :thumbs up When the time comes and you do install the goodies i will need some feedback on them. The mishimoto thermostat more then others. I plan on getting one but winter is coming so it would be useless getting one now.I also have a feeling the prices will be going up since Mishimoto is getting bigger and bigger.

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
Very nice Matt. :thumbs up When the time comes and you do install the goodies i will need some feedback on them. The mishimoto thermostat more then others. I plan on getting one but winter is coming so it would be useless getting one now.I also have a feeling the prices will be going up since Mishimoto is getting bigger and bigger.
For sure man. I'm just waiting to get the fan shroud and then I"m all set as far as my cooling system goes. I need to take care of some maintenance and prep work for Buttonwillow in two weeks.

your gsr didn't come up with 1 inch valve? That strange i thought all gsr did. mine 99 GS and it came with one.
Negative. I think that's why my GS-R went out. Because I have ITR brakes now. You're lucky yours came with a 1-inch valve.

JDM_Joey

i just read all 6 pages. i've got a bit to comment on.

1. nice car

2. i have avs es100's on my car. they are awesome tires, but my friend bought BFGoodrich KDW2's...all i have to say is good god. they hold the road like no other. he paid 99 a tire on tirerack. the kdw2's have a treadwear rating of 300 and the avs es100's cost 71 a tire with a rating of 280. i used the tire size 205/50/15. the kdw2's are well worth the cash.

3. koni yellows are your best choice for struts. lifetime warranty...and they can rebuild them. they cost a pretty penny...but again, it's well worth the cash. the ground controls coilovers are a perfect match with the yellows.

4. get a front sway bar too if you're getting a rear. getting a huge rear sway bar makes a car oversteer. you have to balance everything out. suspension techniques makes a nice front/rear sway bar package. i'm serious though, bigger isn't better.

5. i just thought i'd throw my little story in here. you can listen to me...but i know you wont. i used to drive backroads. i loved the turns, still do. but all it takes is a bit of gravel or sand and then your fucked. last year, i was riding in my friends civic hatchback on a backroad. there was a chicane that had a TINY patch of sand on the centerline...so it was hard to see. we hit that patch at 80-90 mph. the car rolled 7 times side over side landing on the roof.
the car used to look like this:

and it ended up like this:

he luckily walked away because he wasn't wearing his seat belt. his feet got entangled in the steering wheel which kept him in the car. i, on the other hand, got fucked. the seat belt held me upright in the seat and the roof collapsed on my head. i shattered the 5th vertebrae in my neck leaving me a quadriplegic. now i sit in a fucking wheelchair. i cant drive my 'teg (i will be soon but it's a pain in the ass), cant take care of myself. i have to rely on everybody to help me. i dont have full use of my arms, no use of my hands...it fucking sucks.

just think about that when you're hitting up the turns. a lot of people think that it wont happen to them; thats what i thought too.
how are you typing if you cant use your hands?

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
I had a bit of trouble starting the DB8 this past weekend. Looks like I need to get a new starter. The problems just keep coming...

genesis

tougê hêrmit
my starter is bad too........ but i refuse to fix it........ i have a high torque starter from the crate motor i got i might put it in today.......... my girl friend thinks my car is a piece of shit cause of it...... :D

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
I have a lot of things to do this week before Buttonwillow on Sunday.

1. OEM ITR brake master cylinder
2. Brake rotors
3. Alignment
4. Oil change
5. Take nail out of one tire and plug it

I'm not going to lag and wait until the last minute to prep the DB8 before a track day anymore. It's stressful. :lol:

Oh yeah, and I fixed my exhaust leak and rattle finally. :thumbs up