Matt's DB8 Picture/Progress Thread

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
Ok, so I just talked to my friend. The DB8 should be all set to go today. Going to pick her up tonight and test out the new alignment and brakes. Oh yeah, I'm ditching the A/C. :thumbs up

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
The DB8 is 99% ready to go for Buttonwillow on Sunday. :woot:

Install new front brake rotors - Check
Install new OEM ITR brake master cyliner - Check
Middle finger to the A/C system - Check
New Endless RF-650 Super Racing Fluid - Check
Oil change - Check
Take out nail in tire and plug it - Pending

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Yes, it's proper to use "an" before "N1". Saying "a" before "N1" is wrong.

Anyway... what's going on this weekend? Prepping the DC4 for Big Willow?
The DB8 is 99% ready to go for Buttonwillow on Sunday. :woot:

Install new front brake rotors - Check
Install new OEM ITR brake master cyliner - Check
Middle finger to the A/C system - Check
New Endless RF-650 Super Racing Fluid - Check
Oil change - Check
Take out nail in tire and plug it - Pending
i have an air compressor and i can bring a tire repair kit

JDMsneakerz

dont believe the hype
wow a few months to a year, thats awhile! bet it is worth it..

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
As some of you know, I had a track day at Buttonwillow Raceway yesterday. The DB8 ran fine for most of the day until the very last session. I was in 3rd gear around 7K entering a corner. At corner exit I gunned it and went all the way to redline, then mis-shifted into 2nd. I over-revved and then I started to feel the entire car shake. Then my shifter started shaking too. The engine was still running, but obviously something was definitely wrong. I crawled back to where my friends were and I looked under the car. The transmission case was leaking. I'm pretty sure I also fucked up something else besides my transmission. Not to mention that I probably bent a few valves. That's pretty much what happened. I'm not sure what I'm going to do as of the moment. I'm in no hurry to get back on the track. Plus I don't have the funds to put in a few thousand to fix everything right away. So for now, Isabella will rest.

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
My fastest time was 2:30.xxx on Falken Azenis RT-615.

For some reason after 6K RPM, the car would shake a little. It's probably my axles.

BigMac88

Fat guy in a little 'teg
As some of you know, I had a track day at Buttonwillow Raceway yesterday. The DB8 ran fine for most of the day until the very last session. I was in 3rd gear around 7K entering a corner. At corner exit I gunned it and went all the way to redline, then mis-shifted into 2nd. I over-revved and then I started to feel the entire car shake. Then my shifter started shaking too. The engine was still running, but obviously something was definitely wrong. I crawled back to where my friends were and I looked under the car. The transmission case was leaking. I'm pretty sure I also fucked up something else besides my transmission. Not to mention that I probably bent a few valves. That's pretty much what happened. I'm not sure what I'm going to do as of the moment. I'm in no hurry to get back on the track. Plus I don't have the funds to put in a few thousand to fix everything right away. So for now, Isabella will rest.
Man yesterday was a slaughter house. So many accidents and broken parts :(

I'm not sure how much longer mine would have lasted either. I had to limp her home yesterday on a bad mount and barely any brakes :(

When did AAA finally show up?

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
Man yesterday was a slaughter house. So many accidents and broken parts :(

I'm not sure how much longer mine would have lasted either. I had to limp her home yesterday on a bad mount and barely any brakes :(

When did AAA finally show up?
Yup. Yesterday was pretty crazy. Me, Romeo, and Jay went off. Elton thinks he blew his head gasket. Henry had a damaged sidewall and bent wheel. Romeo's B18C5... Well you already know it makes a lot of noise. Lol! I'm glad you made it home safely. AAA showed up around 8:00. Buttonwillow is pretty dark, especially without any lights. :lol:

Last edited: