Don't know what to do to the car now..

MattLaBonte

Lol Coy I asked what suggestions do you have. I'm only two months into the modding so I was looking for suggestions since I don't know half the mods you guys do.

Rich-PMS

Home depot lip mod
side markers
new clutch and flywheel from clutch masters.com
buy a camera so you CAN take pictures

mirrorimg

So you're looking for free things that wont consume the money you are saving? Anything you buy is going to eat into the money you are saving for the more expensive upgrades.

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
So you're looking for free things that wont consume the money you are saving? Anything you buy is going to eat into the money you are saving for the more expensive upgrades.
Exactly the reason why I said that he should save his money to buy coilovers, wheels, and tires.

MattLaBonte

Thats not what I said at all. I'm looking to knock out any smaller mods that cost less than suspension and wheels because that'll cost around a grand or more. I don't need to save money every second because I make enough right that that I could afford the suspension and rims in a month of work. Seeing as I CANNOT buy the rims or suspension for another 4 months or so I'm looking for other small things that I could do to pass the time and help my car out a little. Examples of what I could do - Short Shifter, Fog lights, chipped ECU etc. You know? Those 100-200 dollar things not 1000+ mods.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
chipped ecu is like 400$...........dyno tuning is 150 an hour and you need 2 hours or so....chips are like x amouint depending on the chip

MattLaBonte

Hmm then I'm mistaken on the ECU. I saw one for 200 I believe, don't remember where though. I wouldn't do an ECU anyway, no reason to.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
you probably saw a chipped one on craigslist for another car. you still need to dyno tune it and reburn the chip

MattLaBonte

No I know you need to dyno it which is pricey but I saw it on a website. I totally forget where though. You could send yours in or pay for them to send you one.

Robbdance

Straight Pipes
Thats not what I said at all. I'm looking to knock out any smaller mods that cost less than suspension and wheels because that'll cost around a grand or more. I don't need to save money every second because I make enough right that that I could afford the suspension and rims in a month of work. Seeing as I CANNOT buy the rims or suspension for another 4 months or so I'm looking for other small things that I could do to pass the time and help my car out a little. Examples of what I could do - Short Shifter, Fog lights, chipped ECU etc. You know? Those 100-200 dollar things not 1000+ mods.
man, some rims alone will sink you over a grand, depending on what you want.. some rims will be a few grand.. let alone tires & lug nuts.. then if you have to get them balanced/aligned/installed and you aren't a mechanic.. Suspension is another grand on top of that if you're going to do it right.

You listed some stuff you could do for yourself anyways man, fogs & short shifter. Pick up a Skunk2 Short Shifter/Shift Knob combo or something.. Do up a gauge pod on a door pillar, they're not hard.

MattLaBonte

A gauge pod on my pillar is useless when I don't care what the gauges are reading. The rims I want are Rota Grids so they are about 500 and I get a discount on them, along with brand new Toyos for 200 bucks. My dad is a mechanic and gets everything at the actual price. And he installs and does alignments and everything else for me since I don't have a shop. So for the rims and tires I'm looking at 600 bucks with brand new tires, rims and alignment done. Not bad at all. Thanks for the help too man.