b20 swap question

davetomer

dave
what all will i need to put a b20 in my 95 ls? i lookd for a similar thread and could not find one. if someone could atleast send me a link any help would b greatly apprieciated

Cripton805

You can use an OBD2 B20 and use an OBD2 B18B ECU. Even better, put a stock B20 map on it.
That's it. You can use stock mounts, tranny, etc...

Good luck.

Jabes

yeah everything should bolt up you would need a obd2 to obd1 ecu adapter to run a obd2 ecu in your car but all the wires will plug right in at the shock towers and your b series trans will bolt right up to the b20

sps21112

Hey you need you ls intake manifold, obd1 dizzy, obd1 alternator and nothing else it will go right in. you can use you wiring harness and ecu. I just did the same swap but i got a 99 jdm b20b high compression and it works great!

davetomer

dave
my buddy at honda said when he did his he had to put all the sensors and shit from the obd2 system or it woudnt run worth a shit. anyone else run into nething like that

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
Pull your LS motor, place b20 motor back into its spot, use all your LS OBD parts such as ECU, Wiring, Injectors, Alternator and Distributor. You will not have to swap out any sensors, your buddy at Honda is a dumbass which most techs at car dealerships I have run across seem to be. This is prob the easiest swap out there since its all bolt in and plug and play. You will need to use your LS intake manifold as someone else already suggested.

BTW search next time because this question is asked almost daily on here lol.

Pull your LS motor, place b20 motor back into its spot, use all your LS OBD parts such as ECU, Wiring, Injectors, Alternator and Distributor. You will not have to swap out any sensors, your buddy at Honda is a dumbass which most techs at car dealerships I have run across seem to be. This is prob the easiest swap out there since its all bolt in and plug and play. You will need to use your LS intake manifold as someone else already suggested.

BTW search next time because this question is asked almost daily on here lol.
Being a tech at a Honda dealership, I think you're lumping all of us in with a few idiots. Though I will say that most of the techs at the dealership don't know a lot about swapping in motors other than stock for stock.

You'll also need to swap your LS driver side mount onto the B20 block.

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
Haha not all are idiots, but 95% of dealership mechanics (not just honda) that I have met have been dumb when it comes to older cars. You're probablly right about them only dealing with newer cars, thus lack info towards older models.