1994 Integra Stuck in PARK Need Help

peanut21

Ok so i have a 94 integra that will not shift out of park. Ive searched all over this website and got some useful info. I have replaced the brake switch and the complete ign. assembly and check all of the fuses and it still does not want to shift out of park. Brakelights and horn both work. There is juice to the soleinoid. Also when I drove it home from the first time it didnt want to shift out of park it acted like it wasnt shifting into the next gear when i got around 30 mph. It is an automatic and cant think of anything else to check or change.

Any help or ideas would be appreciated

Thanks matt

j13

Keep It Clean
Welcome to clubintegra

Turn the ignition ON but don't start the car. Push in the brake pedal in, than try and get it out of PARK

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
i was thinking the shift lock slot next to the leaver. You should be able to put your car in neutral and start it that way

peanut21

Thats how i got it home but then the tranny was acting like it wouldnt shift, the D4 light has never worked since ive had the car for like 4yrs

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
check your tranny fluid. the light may be off because the bulb is burnt out. it is constantly on for the vast majority of your time driving after all

peanut21

it has 201k on it and was running like a dream. We just changed the distributor before this happened

j13

Keep It Clean
I see. Are you getting a Check Engine Light?

So when you start the car, it doesn't want to shift out of Park? Check your transmission Fluid Level. I believe our transmissions are Hydro, so if it is low, it might not let you shift.

peanut21

Got it fixed and really dont even know what the problem was. We went and got more wiring diagrams to trace some of the wires. Traced some back to the TCU and checked them then we plugged it back and and did some other test and could hear the solienoid engaging. So its fixed dont know if the plug was loose or waht but it is fixed and i am thankful for all of the suggestions.