1994 Integra Stuck in PARK Need Help

SonikDethMunky

At The Mercy Of Fate
This used to happen to me randomly. sometimes no problem, and then sometimesm it wouldn't want to shift out of park for like a minute or two, then it magically would. It seemed to happen more often when it was cold outside, but that might just be coincidence. Mine hasn't done it since it came back from the shop and they checked the fluid...

suspendedHatch

Legalize Illegal Aliens
I believe our transmissions are Hydro, so if it is low, it might not let you shift.
LOL. "Hydro" or "cable" refers to how the clutch is actuated. Automatics don't have clutches. This reminds me of when I was selling an auto tranny and people kept asking me if it's auto or cable. :lol:

The fluid inside a trans has nothing to do with "hydro". All transmissions require fluid.

Those bulbs burn out very commonly. Just ask commonly as the damn dimmer back light. What you do is go to the junkyard and pull as many as you can find. One of them will work. I had to try 24 dimmer back light bulbs until I found one that worked. Luckily there is an Accord commonly found in all junkyards that uses the same type of bulb.

Back to your problem, if it ever happens again, you can easily detach the shift lock solenoid from the shifter. I'm pretty sure they're interchangeable with the EG if you need to source one from the junkyard.

j13

Keep It Clean
LOL. "Hydro" or "cable" refers to how the clutch is actuated. Automatics don't have clutches. This reminds me of when I was selling an auto tranny and people kept asking me if it's auto or cable. :lol:
LMAO?
If the fluid level is low, the transmission may slip or engage slowly or not at all. The transmission requires fluid to operate. Some shift electronically.

What I ment by 'Hydro' is that the transmission requires 'pressure' from the fluid to engage. I do think the Integra automatic transmission is hydromechanical that uses a TCU for optimum performance, fuel economy.

gdmTeg

Simple but affective solution...... NEW TRANNY!!!! ;)

stvndberryhill

Mine sometimes won't shift out of Park but I just hit it a couple of times and all is well. I'm sure that's not a good idea though!

meANDmyDB7

actually has an FB6 now.
Since i have a copy key, i just put a copy key into the "Shift Release" keyhole, and drive with one inside the ignition like 2 feet away. Turn off the car, start it back without the key in the Shift Release and it shouldn't be locked anymore.