300hp B-series All Motor

95B18BTurbo

That is a badass build for sure and people don't realize how hard it is to make a 200whp all motor b-series until you've tried it, let alone what it took to build this 304whp beast!

Last edited:

Muckman

Not a M0derator
Aussie cylinder pressure makes power. Plain and simple. Either by way of mechanical compression or forced induction.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Cylinder pressure is also increased by burning gasoline which has more energy per molecule, more explosion, more power.

95B18BTurbo

The cooling effect and octane of E85 outdoes that of gasoline handsdown, it just takes twice as much of it for the same bang. More timing, less detonation, more performance.

Nick_C78

The cooling effect and octane of E85 outdoes that of gasoline handsdown, it just takes twice as much of it for the same bang. More timing, less detonation, more performance.
Exactly. It is the cooling effect that makes it more beneficial and actually more reliable.

Muckman

Not a M0derator
I don't want to type a novel to retort but rest assured race teams at this level have already tried simply lowering compression and running gasoline.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
I don't want to type a novel to retort but rest assured race teams at this level have already tried simply lowering compression and running gasoline.

F1 cars run a mixture of petrol.

For this build I think he could have made more power running gas on slightly lower compression. Of course it wouldn't have been nearly as safe. 15:1 on meth isn't really pushing any limits. It is smart though, as I can't see the motor being stressed much, it should last a long time.

Methenol has a higher thermal energy (BTU) when substituted for gasoline, correct?

Not at all, you need about twice the amount of meth to make the same power as gas would; all things equal.

Last edited:

jbrown97ls

Methenol is less dense. It has less BTU's per lb so therefore there is more BTU's per volume . More BTUs, more energy.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
You mean people should read the information before asking questions about it? Who has time for that...:roll:

Or maybe someone was attempting a discussion of using meth over gas. :roll:

Your right though, since every bit of information anyone in this forum can regurgitate is already more than available elsewhere, it should just be shut down. But then where would half the members spend time chatting at, oh wait Facebook!

If this was just meant to be a video thread where everyone can ooh and ahh, OP should post in the correct section.

Last edited: