5th generation integra

khurley424

so, if you were in charge of developing a new integra, what would you give it? i was thinking about this in class and came up with this-
honda's 3.5L i-vtec v6
all wheel drive
6 speed transmissions, and paddle shifters for the automatic
dual exhausts

a bit different from the integras they actually built, but itd be differentiated from the accord coupe and wouldnt cannibalize its sales. what are your thoughts guys?

red98teg

Keep on Truckin
if your going to stuff a v6 in there why not go for the big boy with the 3.7? and a better stronger verison of i-vtec?

khurley424

and i deff want a return of the bug-eye headlamps. it just seems to me like a defining feature of integras, even though its a 3rd gen only feature.

I don't like the V motors in FF cars. Since an FR Integra would be sacrilege, it should stay 4 cylinder. I'd make it something close to the old Eclipses/Talons: 2 door coupe, 2.0 Turbo motor, and offer one model with all wheel drive. Have to be symmetrical AWD like the Subaru's though.
Just my little DSM meets Honda fantasy. :)

AcurInteg96

Just call me chris.
I don't like the V motors in FF cars. Since an FR Integra would be sacrilege, it should stay 4 cylinder. I'd make it something close to the old Eclipses/Talons: 2 door coupe, 2.0 Turbo motor, and offer one model with all wheel drive. Have to be symmetrical AWD like the Subaru's though.
sounds perfect to me man. but a 4 door isnt bad. so we'd need on of those too.

CortezBanks

this

khurley424

i think the up-range model with four wheel drive should get a v6. itd be a hot tuner. and agreed on the symmetrical awd.

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
Here's what my Integra would be like. It would be similar to a GS-R or Type S trim.

Engine/Drivetrain:
2.2L DOHC i-VTEC I-4 (Basically a K20 stroked to 2.2L)
220HP @ 8000 RPM
6-Speed transmission with LSD
Front engine/front wheel drive

Suspension:
Front and rear independent double-wishbone with coils and stabilizer bars

Wheels/Tires:
17x8 alloy wheels
225/45/17

Exterior:
Coupe or sedan (No more hatch)

Interior:
Momo steering wheel
Recaro reclinable bucket seats

red98teg

Keep on Truckin
^sounds like a good car to me... HOWEVER i would want it to be turbo'd pushing like 330... if your going to build something new why not build it better? AND i would keep the hatch. MUCH more useable than a trunk on a coupe

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
^sounds like a good car to me... HOWEVER i would want it to be turbo'd pushing like 330... if your going to build something new why not build it better? AND i would keep the hatch. MUCH more useable than a trunk on a coupe
I would keep it NA. Having a hatch makes the rear part of the chassis weak.

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
I'll go with Matt's but add that we lean more towards using a destroked K24 to achieve the 2.2L displacement while reducing the stroke to rod length ratio placing less stress on cylinder walls and piston speeds near TDC. This method may create a little less torque than the 2.0 stroked 2.2L method but that has never been Hondas strong arm anyway. It would accent Hondas natural love for high rpm power and allow for much higher rpms with the proper cams valvetrain.

Last edited:

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
I'll go with Matt's but add that we lean more towards using a destroked K24 to achieve the 2.2L displacement while reducing the stroke to rod length ratio placing less stress on cylinder walls and piston speeds near TDC. This method may create a little less torque than the 2.0 stroked 2.2L method but that has never been Hondas strong arm anyway. It would accent Hondas natural love for high rpm power and allow for much higher rpms with the proper cams valvetrain.
I liiike it! :thumbs up