90 Integra RS-DD

endo617

Rattle Can Technician
A couple more things to fix, paint, wheels, and BAM you got yourself something nice there my friend. Keep up the good work bro, kiddos on sticking with it.

Sammich

car looks good.

i know alot of people say 'cover this and cover that' but i dont cover shit..i get my engine WARM not HOT...turn it off, spray the fenders w/ water to dilute any overspray. then i get a spray bottle w/ full strength purple power, or w/e degreaser you use...spray liberallly the engine bay down..start the car up, put the hood down let it run for about 15/20 minutes...open the hood and spray it down. put the hood down and go ride around to dry the bay (you'll still have water in there but most of it'll be gone) then i use some spray wax and wipe the painted parts...that's pretty much it.

Zombiegurl81

HFF Beginner
Charly[horse];1155300 said:
Updated first post with my new and wonderful upgrades. I want this thing running and clean by the time ROTY comes around so I can join up and put a little competition into the 2nd Gens :D
You better watch out I'm thinking about running too.

Charly[horse]

Name = John
^Haha Good! Well, I think everyone will beat me looks-wise but engine-wise I think I will be a pretty good contender ;)

Update: A lot of little upgrades are coming up. Hustling to get this thing put together before December! It will happen no matter what though. Just a small list of things that I remember...
1. Cluster LEDs
2. New Speedo cable
3. Shift Knob (maybe two cuz I found another that I really like)
4. Shift Boot
5. Manual Rack Conversion
6. A/F Wideband+Voltmeter Guages

I have spent entirely too much money on this car lately sigh.

Charly[horse]

Name = John
car looks good.

i know alot of people say 'cover this and cover that' but i dont cover s***..i get my engine WARM not HOT...turn it off, spray the fenders w/ water to dilute any overspray. then i get a spray bottle w/ full strength purple power, or w/e degreaser you use...spray liberallly the engine bay down..start the car up, put the hood down let it run for about 15/20 minutes...open the hood and spray it down. put the hood down and go ride around to dry the bay (you'll still have water in there but most of it'll be gone) then i use some spray wax and wipe the painted parts...that's pretty much it.
Will do this, thanks man!

Trix

sweet teggy, what kind of bike is that, that thing is clean as hell you have to paint the teggy to match the bike

Charly[horse]

Name = John
My bike used to be a haro x2 from like 2004. Now the only thing stock on it is the seat post clamp, and handlebars so it is a Frankenstein mix of Haro, Animal, Demolition, Shadow Conspiracy, We The People, Primo, and Fit Bike Co. parts. My cruiser bike that I am building (1993 Haro Escape Mountain Bike) will match the car, my bmx matches my truck lol.

So I think I have decided not to run for ROTY since my car isn't dialed in. I don't want to just gunk up the running and I feel it would be cheating to put my car in. I do feel sad though since that was my goal. I guess there is always next year and ROTM

Sidenote - Hit vtec for the first time in my life today, what a feeling! :p

Charly[horse]

Name = John
Bad news, my engine literally fell on the ground on the way home. My driver side engine mount backed itself out of the block. How this happened, I have no idea at all. Has this happened to anyone before????

Good news, I think I only destroyed my header and driverside axle. Worst case scenario, I go ls/vtec with my old block and possibly have to rebuild a few things. Best case scenario I thread the mount back in and fab up a front mount (because now I am sketched out) and it works perfectly.

endo617

Rattle Can Technician
Happens very often from what I've seen, get a kit with coil chasers, fixing will be keeper than a LSV conversion

Charly[horse]

Name = John
^True, so here is what I have decided, it has been forever since I have posted. The engine does some funky stuff so I am going to just build a new engine. I have my old block, I have itr pistons in my b16 so I will tear apart the two and create one that is reliable. I have so many parts waiting to go on the car and no time to do it but once I have the money I am going to bust this thing out and then just daily drive the crap out of it. I miss it.

Question, I can't figure this out. After my car is warmed up it lurches, rpms drop to zero and come back to where they were (when I am driving). Anyone know what this could be?

Good news, I have a new Integra in the family! Once it is physically in my sibling's possession I am sure they will tell you all about it. Yay! :D

Last edited:

Charly[horse]

Name = John
Car is 4 hours away so I haven't been working on it at all. I have been saving for my ls/vtec swap that will be built by laskey racing and then tuned in Denver. It should all be done by next year's ROTY contest. I am coming to dominate the G2 class (jk)

Anyway here is what I have been up to, modding this hunk-o-junk expo/overland/4wdprerunner/Iamoverlyambitious build. This is what I drive when I'm not riding my Haro.

[YOUTUBE="Formal Introduction to Big Blue"]Kn6vxNpk7HI[/YOUTUBE]

Charly[horse]

Name = John
What up bro? Diggin that Prelude you have, and is your teg just eternally on craigslist? lol

No updates here, moved to San Antonio and got into a police academy of sorts for the National Park Service. That means no time to fix the car because it is over 20 hours away :( Looking at buying a DB1 and swapping the parts from Charly[horse] over.

hgocasca

level 77 troll
Yeah man, that guy is selling it ha ha. Thanks. Come to Denver!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk