95 integra not starting.

Casey

I have a 95 integra that is not starting. When i turn the key my fuel pump primes, so the main relay is good all fuses under hood and dash are good,
It has 12.5v volts to the starter, and the solenoid is plugged in.

Casey

It is a 5 speed. It is not cranking. i do hear my main relay prime, before i go to start but then on start i hear a click in the fuse box under the dash. is it the ignition signal?

The reason i say that is, my clutch interlock switch plug has been cut off, how can i rewire it to bypass it?

Last edited:

Havok114

I just fixed this on my car yesterday I just bypassed it, I cut the wires and soldered them together you can use tape or a butt connector.

Sent from my pager

Casey

I tried that and it burnt a wire when i put them together i quickly turned it off so it didn't damage the wires.

Do you remember what colors you put together to bypass it?

Last edited:

Casey

No they are not together now. I think that the reason the car isn't starting is because of my clutch interlock switch i don't know what wires to put together. do i just wire pin A to pin B?

Havok114

The wires on the back of the switch, strip the wires and twist them together then see if the car cranks ,it should

Sent from my pager

Casey

I will try it, i think that happened the first time i wired it because my "ignition fuse" in the fuse box under the hood wasn't good. now with that replaced i will connect both wires on that plug together.

Casey

I will try it, maybe because i used a jumper maybe it was too small of a gauge would that cause the wire to get hot?

Casey

Before you fixed your clutch interlock, I wonder if you will get the same symptoms if your Clutch Interlock was not bypassed.

Last edited: