98 Integra Before It Gets Torn Apart Again

lsvtec1243

Here's a few pic of my car over the past year. Before it goes under the knife again for some more changes for 2014.

It is a 98 Integra LS Chassis.

Here's the link to my old thread:

http://www.clubintegra.com/board/showthread.php?t=83802

Here's how I had it to start off 2013.

I know, what a f***ing mess.

Then one night I was driving down a back road and some asshole decided to back out of his drive way at about 25mph right into My 1/4 panel. I tried to avoid it by going on the opposite side of the road but it was around a corner so I really didn't see it coming. However if I didn't go on the opposite side the damage would have been much worse.

So the assholes insurance wanted to total the car. But after talking with the body shop and working out a deal. I was able to get them to write the damage estimate right under the value of insurance totaling the car and myself paying out of pocket for them to do all the body work and repaint the whole car while it was there. So insurance covered $2500 of it which paid for only the 1/4 panel replacement.

I decided I didn't want to spend all the time and money and have the car come out the same. So I bought a few little parts to change it up.

Jdm Front Non Hid Conversion

Then picked up these oem hid front headlights.

Edm Tails

All done with paint. They gave me the car back in this form because I still had to wire the front end.

The day they delivered it home, I got right to work as I was excited and wanted to see it done.

That night, coils lowered back down, wheels on, interior all back in, front end all wired up.

I then decided I needed to get rid of the ls and get something with a little more power in it. Not looking for it to be a race car. Just wanted a little pep. Figured with the new paint I didn't want the old engine I wanted something fresher. So I picked up a usdm b18c1 full oem rebuilt from a friend with 5k miles on it. He built it for his girlfriend and she daily drove the car so it was babied the whole time.

So I got to work.

Back on the road

Then I decided to clean up the bay a little bit by putting a intake to get rid of the ugly air box and a half size radiator.

decided to finally sack up and cut the new oem rear bumper for the rear fog

Then one day I noticed a small tiny puddle under the rear of my car. Sure enough my brake lines were rotting out and one was leaking. So time to pull it back in the garage and play mechanic again. Did a full brake tuck and ABS delete.

Before and after , all back together. While it was apart I found a set of black recaros. So I traded my reds for the blacks.

The lines from the master to the firewall are not the prettiest. I had the intentions of pulling the car back apart this winter (like I am) so I didn't want to waste a lot of time to have them 100% perfect knowing I was just going to throw them away.

Figured while I had it in the garage I might as well boost it.

and now it sits all motor again, and im gonna do a few changes for 2014.

I threw this thing together for a beater/daily while the teg is off the road.

Last edited:

lsvtec1243

So jealous! I love it man :thumbs up
Thanks man.

If anyone has any good links to any diy rhd threads or any rhd conversion tips or anything please post links/ or explain anything. I'm all ears open. I've been searching and found a few threads but nothing to in depth. Thanks again.

vtecteggy617

Very nice and clean!

Sent from my Integra using Honda Motors!

lsvtec1243

Thankful guys. When I paint the bay should I do it back again? I'm iffy on the differ color engine bsys. I like how they pop but I feel like it looks cheesy. And it's gonna take a lot of work to paint the bay. So I want to be happy with the final result.

randomhobo

automagic user
Thankful guys. When I paint the bay should I do it back again? I'm iffy on the differ color engine bsys. I like how they pop but I feel like it looks cheesy. And it's gonna take a lot of work to paint the bay. So I want to be happy with the final result.
Either way shave what you can and fill the unneeded holes, no matter what color you choose it'll look better cleaned up.

Love what's going on here!

2kdb7

Either way shave what you can and fill the unneeded holes, no matter what color you choose it'll look better cleaned up.

Love what's going on here!
x2

I hear you on the cheesy factor. I keep seeing painted bays in shows where the car is red and the bay is pearl blue with nothing else blue on the car. I would say with a black car go with a light gray/silver color. That way the engine still pops but its not drastic like white or red or god help us yellow.IMO

lsvtec1243

I'll prolly just do black to play it safe. I hate popping the hood. It's so dirty and ugly. Just haven't had the time to pull the engine and paint it. I've deleted the power steering recently to clean it up. I plan on doin a fuel tuck and a tucked harness when I convert it to Rhd.

lsvtec1243

Omg! I wish I had that much time and money for mine. Oh and the skills to swap engines
It's very easy. My first honda I didn't know a thing about them. Everything I know now I learned on my own. I never went to a tech school for automotive or a automotive college. Now a days you can answer any of your questions on google. Theirs plenty of DIY for everything. Buy the honda swap book. You can learn a lot from there. It really comes down to if you are mechanically inclined or not and if you yourself actually want to learn.