9k rpm in a b20b?

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
hgocassa you're wrong... I never stretched a rod bolt, never floated a valve. Also my dads B20 sees above 7500rpms at the track weekly during the summers and its holding together just fine, maybe we got magical motors, who knows?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeHAcHUNynI

^^ Definitley shifting at 8k in that video lol. Just because you read it on the interwebz doesn't mean its true. Just like "omgz b20s don't handle boost". I had a kid once tell me taht I couldn't take a bone stock b16 to 9k rpm's, a few passes down the highway he was a believer ;)

Don't take it personal, but trust me you can take a b20 to 8k rpms lol. Now for the 200whp all motor b16, I call bullshit again lol

Last edited:

hgocasca

level 77 troll
My statement was based on the three ls's I've had that I've caused damage on when they were stock at those rpm levels. I'm not sure how you guys are getting away with it, but it's currently blowing my mind. I took my b17 to 9500 once on stock everything after I rebuilt it, sounded like death. I don't even take it that high now that it's built to handle it.

tork_sd89

Baywatch
Maybe the b20 is a lil stronger since it's a lil newer than the B18b's and b17's? But I wouldn't do it. Not after seeing my friend spin a bearing with his b18a1 in spectacular fashion after a mis-shift and watching the motor finally seize up a few months down the road.

Tam4511

CI BOOST FIEND
Maybe the b20 is a lil stronger since it's a lil newer than the B18b's and b17's? But I wouldn't do it. Not after seeing my friend spin a bearing with his b18a1 in spectacular fashion after a mis-shift and watching the motor finally seize up a few months down the road.
It's literally the exact same block as a b18b, just bored over. I think the head has bigger valves though.

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
They are the same head (both have p75 castings), only the p8r head has the bigger intake valves. The bottom end is identical minus the pistons and clyinder size/design.

Mis-shifting any motor will result in bad things happening so I wouldn't just put it on an LS/B20. I have seen people blow GSR and B16's up by going 1-2-1 or 1-3-2 lol.

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
Haha I went 1-2-5 last year at import faceoff on my first time trial run. Everyone thought I broke something, I bought shifter bushings over the winter to hopefully eliminate the slop

SexySSBP

Kwicherbichen
Haha I went 1-2-5 last year at import faceoff on my first time trial run. Everyone thought I broke something, I bought shifter bushings over the winter to hopefully eliminate the slop
Yeah, I've always laughed at people who do that. Never again. I will also never let shifter bushings slide, lol