9k rpm in a b20b?

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
I'm not sure about that car...got a link to it? I would have an even harder time believing they made 200whp on a b16 and stock CTR cams lol. The big thing no one seems to realize is dyno's can be manipulated to read whatever you want it to. You change the smoothing and SAE and you can raise/lower the numbers that the car "puts out". This has become something that Bisimoto has been getting called out on recently. His cars supposedly make all this huge power, yet he refuses to track them in fear of being exposed. Although he did just accept a challenge from Chris Miller to a drag race, one in which Miller will kick his ass in lol

Last edited:

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
Haha I did a google search and all I find is Nasa space program lmfao!!! I read a lot of things in magazines that are wrong, hell me and the old editor of Honda Tuning really dislike one another over it haha. They had a picture of a LS and were calling it a Type R, then in another issue they listed GSR as B18b1. I always find stupid mistakes in car magazines.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
I'll get a dyno up when I start it up in spring, I've done more changes to it since then. The tb and im does hold the power back but I haven't changed them cause I'm still debating the setup I want.

As far as I'm concerned it's the same block and head as a b16 so I'm going with it. I mean technically it's a 1.9l but who's counting :)

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
If I did it again I would have just made the gsr crank fit. It would have been easier and better balanced. I had to work the shit out of that Brian crower kit to get everything perfectly in spec.

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
The only dealings I have had with Brian Crower personally was a good one. I bought a set of his LS turbo cams, spring/retainers. The package arrived and there was GSR cams in there, so I called him up and told him that I got the pakage and everything looked great minus the fact that the cams were vtec lol. He asked if I would give them back (over $100 price difference) and he would send me the LS cams for a discounted price and a call tag to pick the gsr's up. I ended up selling the LS cams and stuff to y buddy and he made over 400whp on them

tork_sd89

Baywatch
Forgot this thread was still up. Have some clarifications to make. Spoke with Dardan and actually met him in person a while ago. Cool guy. He sent me this message last night.

I had a customer point out this thread. Yes we do rev stock b20bs to 9k. Infact omars we rev it to 9200 on stock rods stock sleeves (two years plus no issues). Plenty other people. Stock gsrs to 9500rpms. I just tuned a bone stock gsr motor that made 368whp on our dyno which is like 400whp at church's. I've never recommended that customers to that. I tell them we do it and have no issues, if they want to then they have the option to go that high if the motor makes power up there.

For those of you that know nfg177 aka Jesse he's had his car tuned by Dardan twice. He's one of our top tuners in San Diego with experience with just about anything from tuning all motor hondas, turbo/supercharged hondas, supercharged beemers, v8 swapped cars, etc. Aside from that he's always willing to help out and give advice on what he thinks will work best for a particular set up. He's moved up in the world and currently works at Dynotech Motorsports in San Diego. If you're ever in the area you should check out their shop.

Dardan's Outlaw EG

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
I just tuned a bone stock gsr motor that made 368whp on our dyno which is like 400whp at church's.
BS. Can you explain to me how a bone stock gsr can make more than twice what it makes at the crank with just a tune? I assume this is a whp reading as well. By this account i must be into the 400whp range on this dyno.