Advancing Club Integra, your opinion is needed

AlexD

J13 sooo mad
I realize that mods are always busy as well, perhaps implementing moderators to certain sections of the website would help dwindle down work. Tam will be an excellent mod.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
All of these ideas are good. I'll look into what needs to be done to apply some. It seems we also need some useful stickies with links to some of the basic answered questions that are constantly being posted.
We have had a lot of sticky threads and at one point or another kyle condensed them into a FAQ in the FI and NA sections i think. Is it possible for say a FAQ to be sent VIA PM to the new members or to all members with a link to a "FAQ Thread"?

I realize that mods are always busy as well, perhaps implementing moderators to certain sections of the website would help dwindle down work. Tam will be an excellent mod.
we just added Trinh to the team and shes been doing an excellent job so far :thumbs up

AlexD

J13 sooo mad
I think we should be able to link a thread to a noob post, and then have the thread locked.

The link can be a thread telling you

"The reason you are being linked to this thread, is because your question can be answered by searching....."

something like that.

G3GirL

UUUHHHH-OOOOHHHHHHH...!!!
It seems we also need some useful stickies with links to some of the basic answered questions that are constantly being posted.
I agree. This would help cut back on the clutter and threads that have been discussed numerous times. It seems like this is a big issue that has been bothering the more frequent members.

We have had a lot of sticky threads and at one point or another kyle condensed them into a FAQ in the FI and NA sections i think. Is it possible for say a FAQ to be sent VIA PM to the new members or to all members with a link to a "FAQ Thread"?

we just added Trinh to the team and shes been doing an excellent job so far :thumbs up
I personally haven't looked into whether or not we have an existing FAQ thread (I believe I've seen them in certain sections before), but if we have a general one like a master list, feel free to add any links that you find will be helpful, as far as the basic questions new members have go. This will help move it along for mods/admins so that we'd be able to put it to use a lot quicker.

Any member who wants to help improve the site by contributing to this effort is more than welcomed to!

Thank you, BTW. :) I'm still working on getting the hang of things. Haha

I think we should be able to link a thread to a noob post, and then have the thread locked.

The link can be a thread telling you

"The reason you are being linked to this thread, is because your question can be answered by searching....."

something like that.
As long as members are making an attempt to point the newer members in the right direction and adding links to an existing thread to be helpful, I'd have no problem locking the thread. To help us, you guys can always use the 'Report Post' function after having helped the member with the question. We'd be able to get to these a lot quicker.

Last edited:

G3GirL

Thanks, Dylan!! I'll work on composing a master list for all the FAQs very soon.

AlexD

J13 sooo mad
The report button was useless on this site before. I hope with the next addition of moderators that it changes.

G3GirL

The report button was useless on this site before. I hope with the next addition of moderators that it changes.
Aside from PMing us, the 'Report Post' option is the next best way to alert us of a problem, because it sends an alert out to every single one of us. Whichever one of the mods or admins who is on first usually takes care of it. If reporting a post doesn't work for you, you can always PM a mod or admin to resolve the issue.

phatintegra

Banned
I agree more. I only post up when a member needs help or looking for options. C'mon when I see many new post on LS/VTEC vs GSR, Wire Tuck, etc. Or the same post that was ask over and over again. It's driving me slowly away from this site.

Is there a way to add a tab or hyper link under our profile that can search for all the topic that user posted or started that thread? There is some threads I like to go back to but can't find them under the search button. Also maybe adding a DIY/info article section like team-integra does?

Last edited:

MFBATZ

Reddit is fun.
Implementing DIY articles will be an excellent addition to this forum. I'm very appreciative to all of you for working so hard on the future of CI and it's members.

Thanks guys!

G3GirL

We actually have a DIY/How-To section. Go to the list of sections and scroll down until you see it. There are many very useful articles that can be found there. :thumbup:

jcrabb13

Registered Abuser
All of these ideas are good. I'll look into what needs to be done to apply some. It seems we also need some useful stickies with links to some of the basic answered questions that are constantly being posted.
i suggested this months ago in VIP...it went nowhere.

MFBATZ

Reddit is fun.
We actually have a DIY/How-To section. Go to the list of sections and scroll down until you see it. There are many very useful articles that can be found there. :thumbup:
/facepalm to myself. I feel like a super n00b now haha. Thanks for the heads up!

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
i suggested this months ago in VIP...it went nowhere.
trinh and i are compiling a faq list i suggested it way way back but i guess we went about it wrong instead of posting it in the thread (VIP) qhwew it was probably lost in teh schuffle we should have pmd a mod