Amp wiring question

TheCrimsonStar

I checked it out, its more like a 2 or 3 gauge wire, theres no way its a 16 gauge wire.
Lol OK. 2ga is massive overkill but it'll work. Haha. At least you won't have to upgrade the wire if you put a 100+ampere amp in. :D

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

D.R00tegg

Lol 16g i use for the subs. I'm running a alpine 1000w with 4g wire. Just go to Walmart and but a kit for like $70 (that's how much mine was but 4g) you coups run lowers possible an 8g if its a 300w amp. Abs run the audio cables from the head to the amp. Its a simple set up. My 10's alpine type r make windows shake :D

TheSkygun

You don't want to know what my kicker l7 12" solo baric was like...

awright3331

G1 TEG
My amp is 300 watts pushing a pioneer subwoofer. all wires comming from the head unit to the speakers are scoshe 16ga wire, the subwoofer is a 16ga speaker wire going to the amp so id say im getting pretty good sound, but id like to just use RCA's so that my back left speaker isnt loosing power because the amp is pulling from the left channel. so im hoping to get some scoshe RCAs today getting hella good base now though

TheSkygun

It's not power that its pulling, just the signal. So your sub is only getting what the back left speaker gets. The RCA plugs will send it a stronger signal of what music your playing to hit how that sub should hit.

Mirrors were unuseable,windows, anything loose shook
Seats were massage chairs
Your voice would shake (if that makes since)

D.R00tegg

Yea same here lol. I have to adjust my rear view every 5 min cuz it'll be all the way up or any other way. You can feel the air being pushed out of the car when you stand a good 5 feet away from it lol. And i can't turn my sub higher than 3 cuz it resets my head unit. I wish i can push it further. Haven't found out the reason haha.

And its better to hook up the amp and speakers by themselves. Battery to amp, the control, my friend spiced one cable from the harness of the head unit and we ran a 16g to the control port of the amp. Ran the RCA cables to the head unit tucked everything. And now it's a little window shaker haha.

TheSkygun

Your sub will sound better since its what the RCA cables would be sending the signal to. You could always get a second amp to power the other speakers and use RCA cables for them too but I don't think your current headunit allows for more than one set of RCA.

It probably reset your headunit because our cars alternator can't produce the proper power needed for the sub. One of the reasons I down sized.