Amp wiring question

awright3331

G1 TEG
Your sub will sound better since its what the RCA cables would be sending the signal to. You could always get a second amp to power the other speakers and use RCA cables for them too but I don't think your current headunit allows for more than one set of RCA.

It probably reset your headunit because our cars alternator can't produce the proper power needed for the sub. One of the reasons I down sized.
Nah it doesnt allow more than one, but with our cars how much more would we need? What amp for someone on a budget would be the best to push this sub. http://www.walmart.com/ip/Pioneer-TS-W254R-10-Subwoofer/17217906

Thats the one I have, its in a bad ass box i found at a garage sale the guy was asking 20 but i talked him out of it for 5 bucks haha.

TheCrimsonStar

Your sub will sound better since its what the RCA cables would be sending the signal to. You could always get a second amp to power the other speakers and use RCA cables for them too but I don't think your current headunit allows for more than one set of RCA.

It probably reset your headunit because our cars alternator can't produce the proper power needed for the sub. One of the reasons I down sized.
Lots of amps have two sets of RCA jacks so you can run it to another amp. All the ones I've ever had did.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

awright3331

G1 TEG
Lots of amps have two sets of RCA jacks so you can run it to another amp. All the ones I've ever had did.

I found mine in the trash lol, it works bad ass to the only bad thing is the right channels out. My amp only has one set of rca jacks.

TheSkygun

Star: not what I meant haha. What I meant was that some headunits have three sets of RCA: fronts, rears, and sub. So if you had a unit like that you could get a five channel amp so all your speakers are getting more power and cleaner signal then the stock wiring and power would give them. I can show my system if it'll help.

Right: for our cars I forget the power the alternator provides but to power that sub look into getting a mono block amp type. Usually they are d class amps.

TheCrimsonStar

Star: not what I meant haha. What I meant was that some headunits have three sets of RCA: fronts, rears, and sub. So if you had a unit like that you could get a five channel amp so all your speakers are getting more power and cleaner signal then the stock wiring and power would give them. I can show my system if it'll help.
Ohhhh haha OK yeah I know what you mean

TheSkygun

haha yeah, kinda bad at wording it while i was on my phone, i was being interviewed while i was typing and eating