^.^Anything Goes Chat for Noobies!^.^

pinatigerdc4

Hey guys my girlfriends 2004 jetta GLS sedan was involved with a minor flood. Water came through the doors on passenger side. And the carpet was pretty soaked. Not like a puddle. But the carpet is soaked. Did my best with towels and strong shop vac. Got most of the water but its still pretty damp. Any suggestions?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

randomhobo

automagic user
Hey guys my girlfriends 2004 jetta GLS sedan was involved with a minor flood. Water came through the doors on passenger side. And the carpet was pretty soaked. Not like a puddle. But the carpet is soaked. Did my best with towels and strong shop vac. Got most of the water but its still pretty damp. Any suggestions?

Sell it, especially if it was salt water. If its fresh water, enjoy the scent, then sell the car.

R13

The other asshole
Electric leaf blower, My dumbass teg would automatically roll the windows down during rain storms and I woke up one moring to find it soaked, I used carpet shampoo then a shop-vac and used an electric leaf blower to dry it, It only took about an hour and it smelled like carpet shampoo instead of wet carpet after.

Sent from my toaster

randomhobo

automagic user
She just financed it! Put a lot down.

Gonna sound ridiculous, but put a dehumidifier in it, set to MAX, let it run for as long as you can with the windows closed. Beyond that, drive with the heat set to max aimed at the floors, windows cracked slightly. Eventually it'll dry up, however the funky smell that often comes with flooding will probably remain for awile. Most autoparts stores will sell a product that can help with that (ozium if you can find it).

pinatigerdc4

Gonna sound ridiculous, but put a dehumidifier in it, set to MAX, let it run for as long as you can with the windows closed. Beyond that, drive with the heat set to max aimed at the floors, windows cracked slightly. Eventually it'll dry up, however the funky smell that often comes with flooding will probably remain for awile. Most autoparts stores will sell a product that can help with that (ozium if you can find it).
Appreciate the help guys will try the blower first lol

R13

The other asshole
Lol, Best of luck, I know it can work, I actually left it in the car pointed at the floor and moved it every 10 minutes until the whole thing was dry, If you push your hand into the carpet fairly hard and it feels damp just keep going.

Sent from my toaster

TheSkygun

I only use my leaf blower to dry the body of the car (yes I'm that lazy).
But yeah, try the blower trick and shampoo carpet cleaner them. It'll help with the smell.

Sent from JARVIS

OneFastGSR

Some people do the craziest things, It's like you always wonder is this guy just crazy or is he onto something that could make him rich? I don't see this being good for an engine at all but look what this guy posted lol...

This CAR RUN's with WATER as FUEL ENHANCER...save from 20% to 50% or MORE of fuel comsumption...TRULY AMAZING!! for inquiries and schedule of LIVE DEMO..please MESSAGE ME... reserve yours! So buy now and start saving fuel cost without delay....

wtf? lol

randomhobo

automagic user
Looks cool, but not so good...

Is it the parts cleaner in my eye or could this actually be a hydrogen setup like the one my boss had in his S10?