ARP Skid plate?

Nick_C78

Well I'll be damned... Maybe I just need to see it in person, because right now I can't picture the bends and mounting points lining up right.

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
Weighs 8lbs if you convert the 3.6kg over. The only things I could see this being used for are as follows:

1. To stop debris from bouncing up under the car
2. Aerodynamics of some sort (Tony Palo's entire underbody was covered with aluminum)

Nick_C78

Yeah...A skid plate on a unibody car... Just means itll bend the entire front up instead of damage parts of it. lol Really for exactly what DBR said imo. Prevent rocks for slicing the oil pan when rallying your integra.

Wrench.head

95 LS-T in tha works.
Told ya it was beefy lol. I think yes 1/8th aluminum. The linear spots are double with rivets. Id say its give or take 35 lbs. First thing i thought was rally also lol! If anyone remembers knox Craigslist post white rhd jdm conversion that was listed weeks back it came off it. For tha back, hum ill have to dry fit it too see.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
But it's not bad if you think about most racing have minimum weight limits, this allows you to place weight and distribute evenly at the lowest point of the car.

I think depending on what you're doing it is quite effective.

Nick_C78

Most racing also have harsh aero limits. Namely how far back the splitter can go and I don't think this would fly in that regard. However, I suppose I could see people finding a use for this. Not me though. :p

Wrench.head

95 LS-T in tha works.
When i get off work ill properly weigh it and post it im jut guessing rt now. I jus got it right before work and posted on tha way. You guys are right probably not for the rear.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Most racing also have harsh aero limits. Namely how far back the splitter can go and I don't think this would fly in that regard. However, I suppose I could see people finding a use for this. Not me though. :p
In America yes sometimes for certain assoiciations/classes, but this is from Japan and even so it can be regarded as a safety device. Even in certain American classes you can get away with beneficial modifications by classifying them as for safety.