Auto LS

MsJDM

I know it's gay to have an auto but what advice can you guys give me on getting some speed in my car even though it is auto?

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
Why would you do anything different in an auto that you would in a standard? I don't know of go-go parts that are for automatics only. I've never heard of a different list of options for auto's from standards, like what parts to get in what order or anything. So you lose a bit more HP from the flywheel to the wheels in the transmission, it doesn't change the rules for modding. Just ask yourself the standard questions:
What is your HP goal?
You want to go NA or FI?
If FI, how high do you want to boost?
If NA, where do you want your powerband to be?
How deep are your pockets?

MsJDM

EclecticTeg21 said:
turbo would. but an auto wouldnt be as fun : (
I wanted to go automatic turbo but ppl were telling me that it couldn't be done and others were saying that it could so i gave up on that idea. but if it can be done then hell yeah i will do it!!

MsJDM

TegSox said:
Why would you do anything different in an auto that you would in a standard? I don't know of go-go parts that are for automatics only. I've never heard of a different list of options for auto's from standards, like what parts to get in what order or anything. So you lose a bit more HP from the flywheel to the wheels in the transmission, it doesn't change the rules for modding. Just ask yourself the standard questions:
What is your HP goal?
You want to go NA or FI?
If FI, how high do you want to boost?
If NA, where do you want your powerband to be?
How deep are your pockets?
Thanks, i was just bummed because i had to get rid of my last teg since it got totalled and wanted my auto teg to run just like it.

DJNAS

HUSTLING FOR A HUSTLER
hay their is nothing wrong with auto .. .i got a auto teg .. dam it !!! :alcoholic

01cleatus

Hey I got one too. Manuals are funner to drive, but hey look on the bright side when we are in traffic we don't have to worry about the clutch. But yeah a stick is more fun to drive. I've driven my friends 02 si and that thing is awesome with that kind of shifter on the dash. But as for parts you can get whatever you really want just check cause for some parts they make it specific whether it is for an auto or manual like ECU, etc. But have fun and pimp that auto out man.

ca86108

i use to have a auto ls too.. damn its slower but it still had heat to smoke most hondas lol... i even beat a mazdaspeed protege ahahah... but yea auto's they say just take off 1 whole second of a 1/4 mile time cuz they are that much slower. but my auto was quick and fixed up... i had headers and some other stufff. but get headers/pulleys

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
A manual LS is a full second faster in the 1/4 mile than an auto LS? I doubt that, I'd guess closer to 0.25 - 0.5 slower.
Don't get headers, though. One can go on the engine, but where you going to put the second one, in the back seat? :p

DJNAS

HUSTLING FOR A HUSTLER
lol i think ... we should start a section for auto tegs ..lol we can figure out how to make our tegs faster then everyones stick shift .. aah ok i can dream dam it cant i ... :rocker:

01cleatus

DJNAS said:
lol i think ... we should start a section for auto tegs ..lol we can figure out how to make our tegs faster then everyones stick shift .. aah ok i can dream dam it cant i ... :rocker:
It sounds funny but not a bad idea if you ask me..... But yeah we are dreamin.

MsJDM

i got a baby so it will be kind of hard for me to drive a standard with her in the backseat. i'm not saying auto tegs are terrible but when i drove my dads si i hated my car but then after that i noticed when you just want to chill while your driving it is pretty hard because you have you keep stepping on the clutch and shifting gears. but i love my teg that is my baby. right now i am in the process of changing my interior from tan to black. and getting some reds seats i'm wanting some recaros. my friend just got some for his si ad they look clean as hell!!!