Autocrossing Integras?

ksconekiller

How many of you autocross your cars? Where are you and in what class? List of mods? Previous experience?

I'll start:
2000 Integra Type R
D Stock
Wichita Region SCCA
Mods: shortened stock exhaust (light and loud), Koni yellow shocks, Bridgestone Potenza RE-11 tires (will change to R-comps later in the season), autocross alignment

I have been actively autocrossing since 1998.

I noticed the autocross content on this site is pretty weak, so maybe those of us who participate can help each other out.

DC_Five_Earl

How many of you autocross your cars? Where are you and in what class? List of mods? Previous experience?

I'll start:
2000 Integra Type R
D Stock
Wichita Region SCCA
Mods: shortened stock exhaust (light and loud), Koni yellow shocks, Bridgestone Potenza RE-11 tires (will change to R-comps later in the season), autocross alignment

I have been actively autocrossing since 1998.

I noticed the autocross content on this site is pretty weak, so maybe those of us who participate can help each other out.
Ask Dylan aka Samurai_Blue

IntegraLS-T

I autocrossed in SM in a hatch with a gsr swap two years ago, and a few friends of mine also race in SM in integras, one was a ITR swapped gsr, the other was a built JRSC gsr. My current build is a track/autocross integra and I will be racing in SMF this year, or SM

Basically the setup for this year, Skunk2 pro C coilovers, Skunk 2 Front and Rear camber kit, ASR subframe brace, Itr sway bar, B20 JRSC, LSD B16 tranny, toyo r888, hawk hp plus pads all around fresh rotors (it is more in-depth than that but thats the general setup)
loaction IDAHO FALLS ID

.Cortez

94' LS
One of my good friends autoX's his All-Motor LS. Sick fast for an LS, last time I went with him we beat an EVO and a million other cars taking 4th and 5th place in a class of 21 cars!!!! NEPA SCCA. uhm... SM class?

heritage36

I think they handle decent enough that they could be used for it, though as much as I enjoy my integra, it doesn't handle nearly as good as my del sol I used to have did. Probably just how small sols are makes the difference there though.

ksconekiller

I think they handle decent enough that they could be used for it, though as much as I enjoy my integra, it doesn't handle nearly as good as my del sol I used to have did. Probably just how small sols are makes the difference there though.
"Decent enough?" The Type R has been dominant in its stock class for years, and several modified Integras have done well nationally in other classes over the years. There is one common detail of these cars, though; they are all 3rd gen cars (94-01). By your signature, it looks like you have a 2nd gen car. Though it could be modified to be very quick, I think the later cars will always beat them. I had a 1989 Civic Si, which is the same chassis as the 2nd gen Integra, and it was capable of beating just about everything at our events. Given the same mods, I find it hard to believe that the del Sol could beat the Integra.

BigMac88

Fat guy in a little 'teg
I don't usually autocross, but I do track my car. I run with NASA and Speed Ventures out here on the west coast. I guess I'd be in NASA TT-something but I don't use this Integra for competition right now. I just picked up a set of RE-11's (for free basically) and I'm really excited to drive them.

Good choice on the Koni Yellows :thumbs up what brakes are you running?

My setup:

Standard bolt-ons
Omni Power coilovers 12kg F/10kg R
Funtion7 rear LCA's
Tanabe 20mm rear sway
Brembo rotors
Hawk HP+ pads
Ate Superblue fluid
camber adjusters
15x7 Kosei K1's

-1.8* camber up front w/ a little toe-out
-1.3* camber rear with some toe-in

Are you high or something? I've never driven a Del Slow that compared to an ITR. BTW the Del Sol is as heavy as a GSR and can't shed nearly as much weight for the track.

Last edited:

ksconekiller

Good choice on the Koni Yellows :thumbs up what brakes are you running?

My setup:

Tanabe 20mm rear sway

Hawk HP+ pads

I'm still on the OEM replacement pads that the previous owner had. They are decent for autocrossing, but I have noticed under long or repeated braking maneuvers that they need some help. I had planned on changing to Hawk HPS pads at least up front, as that's what a lot of stock and street tire class drivers use. I've used Konis on every autocross car I've had (which is 5), and I love them. I had the rear ones on the Integra revalved to promote some oversteer, and so far it seems to be pretty good. I am eager to get the car on R-compound tires, but all of the drivers in my class had agreed at the beginning of the season to run RE-11s in the interest of competitiveness and budget. It is nice to not have to change tires at events, I guess.

Does that Tanabe rear bar give you enough rear stiffness? It's smaller than the stock ITR bar.

BigMac88

Fat guy in a little 'teg
I'm still on the OEM replacement pads that the previous owner had. They are decent for autocrossing, but I have noticed under long or repeated braking maneuvers that they need some help. I had planned on changing to Hawk HPS pads at least up front, as that's what a lot of stock and street tire class drivers use. I've used Konis on every autocross car I've had (which is 5), and I love them. I had the rear ones on the Integra revalved to promote some oversteer, and so far it seems to be pretty good. I am eager to get the car on R-compound tires, but all of the drivers in my class had agreed at the beginning of the season to run RE-11s in the interest of competitiveness and budget. It is nice to not have to change tires at events, I guess.

Does that Tanabe rear bar give you enough rear stiffness? It's smaller than the stock ITR bar.
You won't regret the HPS'. If you run HP+'s the car will brake a bit flatter and promote rear rotation much more easily than the stock pads. Plus, either pad choice will allow for later braking. I love the consistency of Koni's damping, they feel awesome in any situation. I've been thinking about doing something similar to what you did to my Omni's.

The 20mm bar surprisingly allows for quite a bit of rotation because of the way it works in conjunction with the rest of the setup. The car actually drives disturbingly similar to a stock ITR. However, it could use just a tad more rotation :twisted:

00DC2TW

well I think a del sol could beat an integra in stock form, not the d series sohc del sol but the b16a3 one... I used to own a 1995 del sol VTEC, this was the trim that came stock with the b16a3, and I bet it could beat my 2000 GSR on the track.... the del sol came stock with the strut brace, 4 wheel discs, and abs... the same exact stuff comes stock on the GSR.... The del sol felt like it could whip around corners way faster than my GSR
95 EG2

VS

00 DC2

ksconekiller

Doing some quick searching, I found that the del Sol VTEC is only a few pounds lighter than the Integra GS-R, and the extra 10 horsepower of the GS-R allow it to equal the del Sol's 0-60 acceleration. I'd call acceleration a tie. The Integra has better published handling numbers, including braking; it's not much, but every bit helps. I don't see how a del Sol would be able to beat a GS-R on track. One other bit of evidence: the SCCA classes all del Sols in its lowest stock class (H Stock), while the GS-R is classed in G Stock, where it would compete against cars like the Neon SRT4 and Cobalt SS. Definitely a hint at its higher performance potential.

00DC2TW, you didn't have the two cars at the same time? So you couldn't literally drive them back-to-back? From the photos, it looks like the GS-R is stock, while the del Sol is obviously lowered and has what looks like Koni shocks in front. If this is correct, and this is what you are comparing, it is pointless. I can make just about anything out-handle the best stock supercars if I'm allowed to modify the suspension. Not apples to apples.

Anyone have access to one of each so we can see for sure?:lol:

Last edited:

00DC2TW

Used to have both of them sitting in the garage at the same time lol.... My del sol did have a ground control suspension setup so that might of helped :) lol... But both cars are pretty nice, and probably the best two I have owned

TeggyBear_Ls

90 EF LS/V 95 DC4
I had a 1989 Civic Si, which is the same chassis as the 2nd gen Integra, and it was capable of beating just about everything at our events.
Yeeaa! lol. I have a 90 DX hatchback that i'm trying to get into Autocross and time-attack. My suspension mods (and tires) are weak shit though. :lol:

.Cortez

94' LS
Del Soul's are heavy for what they are, they were dumb tho, that stupid back window and motor is crazy heavy, the whole assembly. like our sunroof's!

khurley424

i am positively itching to autocross my car. I have a 1997 ls automatic which is bone stock right now. I dont think id even pass tech at the moment haha (dry rotted tyres, big windscreen crack, warped brake rotors). So, starting with my bone stock car, what is the right order to modify it so i can have something decent for autocross?

and how taxing is autocross on a car? i am commuting to college next year, so blowing up the car on a sunday couyld make some problems for school...