Autocrossing Integras?

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
So I ran autoX on sunday. WHY was I in the CMF class?! They through me in the CMF Class with ridiclouse cars that I could never compete with. That had up to 10 seconds on me on the track! I ran a 42.xxx; while the number one car in my class ran oh... 34.xxx or something? I was so pissed, good bye points...
i run unlimited with a stock motor

konerri

my first year was like this too. I was in STS because of just suspension coil-over system and slotted rotors.
Sure, i had loads from fun between me and some friends but we didn't win anything worth of anything. when i was racing my stock civic and came in second. i felt very accomplished. I drove the hell out of that civic and couldn't go any more.

And yes, the integra R will once again dominate @ nationals again this year.

ksconekiller

So I ran autoX on sunday. WHY was I in the CMF class?! They through me in the CMF Class with ridiclouse cars that I could never compete with. That had up to 10 seconds on me on the track! I ran a 42.xxx; while the number one car in my class ran oh... 34.xxx or something? I was so pissed, good bye points...
I dunno... what is CMF? Did you mean SMF? That would be Street Modified Front wheel drive. What kind of mods do you have? Was this an SCCA-sanctioned event? Most local regions are more relaxed on classing cars; I have seen a couple of occasions when a new driver shows up and should run stock class but has a cone filter (or something similar that is pretty insignificant). With the permission of the other people in the class, the new guy can still run in that class even though his one mod really takes him out of it. Talk with the other people in your class and see what they say. Or if you are concerned with points, run a class you are eligible for that has no other cars in it, even if you are totally under-prepared.

Regarding Samurai_Blue's comments about more shock travel... more shock travel does not make you faster unless you had really soft springs and a low ride height that was allowing the car to bottom out while turning. It's not shock travel that helps you there, it's suspension travel. In all cases, lowering a car from stock height and adding stiffer springs will make it faster. The car will be quirkier and will not be as forgiving, so some people may have trouble making it quicker like that. Over time, a driver should be able to interpret what the car is doing in handling maneuvers and act accordingly. With enough seat time, a driver will be able to get more performance out of a car that is stiffer and more responsive to inputs, even though those changes also make it less forgiving to mistakes.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
my first year was like this too. I was in STS because of just suspension coil-over system and slotted rotors.
Sure, i had loads from fun between me and some friends but we didn't win anything worth of anything. when i was racing my stock civic and came in second. i felt very accomplished. I drove the hell out of that civic and couldn't go any more.

And yes, the integra R will once again dominate @ nationals again this year.
i understand that. Im not doing SCCA so i really dont care about doing well. I just want to go out to satisfy Mishimoto and them lol!

Regarding Samurai_Blue's comments about more shock travel... more shock travel does not make you faster unless you had really soft springs and a low ride height that was allowing the car to bottom out while turning. It's not shock travel that helps you there, it's suspension travel. In all cases, lowering a car from stock height and adding stiffer springs will make it faster. The car will be quirkier and will not be as forgiving, so some people may have trouble making it quicker like that. Over time, a driver should be able to interpret what the car is doing in handling maneuvers and act accordingly. With enough seat time, a driver will be able to get more performance out of a car that is stiffer and more responsive to inputs, even though those changes also make it less forgiving to mistakes.
:thumbs up for sure bruh. im not too into the whole auto x thing to be honest. Im more into circuit racing. i use auto x to keep in practice of circuit racing, i use my circuit techniques and apply them to auto x and i seem to do fairly well. Im not good at all the theory of auto x, cause i was never taught it. I just adjust my stuff as i feel it needs to be lol

slickteggyGSR

I autocross my gsr
milwaukee reigon scca
type r exhaust
act stage 3 clutch and short shifter
potenza RE 11s
koni yellows with H&R springs
HUGE K&N filtercharger
i run ST which is street tire class
on a mile coarse it takes me roughly 60 sec

tjberry_1

Autocrosser
Just picked up a GSR that I will autocross in ST class.
Arizona region SCCA (www.azsolo.com)
Tokico Blue shock/spring kit from the previous owner (boo), and a TypeR rear bar (yay)
More to come of course