B16a or B18b?

wite2nr

i'd vote b18b. in fact, thats the motor i plan on putting in my del sol, even though (like DA's) they came stock with B16. right now im stuck with single vtec, and I would still rather have a B18 and no vtec vs. a B16.

wite2nr

he didn't say B18B. lol

I always thought the B16s were a lot cheaper then the B18s? (excluding ls. lol)
B16s are cheap compared to vtec 1.8 counterparts (gsr, ITR) yes. especially obd1/obd0

DB8kid

b18 FTW unless your gettin a b16b lol8) but ya go for that b18 then go lsvtec wit a b16 tranny youll have lots of fun with that

unvmy98ls

"Lucid Dreamin"
It really all depends on what you want. if you want power, B18B but the more power you have the more likely you are to rev the hell out of it and waste gas. If gas is not a problem for you then b18b all the way. The b16a has less power and will make you (hopefully) less likely to race or rev. You said you wanted DD. Do you want power or gas mileage? do you just want a fun DD? do what you want to do. whatever makes you happy. You are a honda owner so you WILL rev the hell out of it. b18b for power, b16a for gas.

hondaproof

hondaproof
gas this,power that...whatever.you want better gas milage dont drive like a dick.my da has a b18b1 and i wouldnt let someone pay me to swap it for a b16.unless i was boosted.

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Just slap in a cheap ass B20.

The DA6 was the first car to have a B series Vtec, so it is not a fail at all. Even if the B16 does have no tq at all.