Back Seat Delete

Alfredg94

Shou Ga Nai
For those who have done this, What have you done with your extra space?

most likely doing this tomorrow going to make a box basically w/ carpet. curious on what others have done.

edit: saw the thread from 3-4 years ago. interested in what active users have done

Last edited:

R13

The other asshole
For most people with no back seats, that's going to look something like this.

No one likes the rear seat delete thing because despite it being more useful than the tiny ass rear seats they don't like the extra "weight" the wood adds.

For me, I'm just too damn lazy to build it for a car I no longer drive. :lol:

Alfredg94

Shou Ga Nai
For most people with no back seats, that's going to look something like this.

Lol yeah that's how mine will look for a week or so. i also like being a dick.. and hate giving people rides.. so i found a new excuse.

R13

The other asshole
Not like anyone can actually ride in the backseat of these cars anyway. :lol:

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
i have a roll bar in the back.

But you could take the carpet from the back of the seats and drape it over the front. I would keep whatever like 1/4" above the fuel pump wiring. Ive had mine not work when it was pinched.

Alfredg94

Shou Ga Nai
i have a roll bar in the back.

But you could take the carpet from the back of the seats and drape it over the front. I would keep whatever like 1/4" above the fuel pump wiring. Ive had mine not work when it was pinched.
Thinking of doing that. Atleast a strut bar for the rear. And a box for these subs and amps.

R13

The other asshole
For me, if I were going to delete my rear seats, I would just go with the wood floor covered in trunk carpet material with access lids for the fuel pump/spare tire.

Alfredg94

Shou Ga Nai
That's kind of the idea . They actually sell a kit for like 350 lol to do exactly that. I can just build it myself though obviously. But where fuel pump is, is where I want to place the subs. I'll post a pic later to show how big the box is. But I'll have it so the fuel pump is accessible. Maybe a hinge on the bottom of the sub so it comes up like that door maybe. I'll have to visualize when the seats are actually out.

R13

The other asshole
Not sure I would put the subs that close to the fuel pump, the magnets might affect it.

Maybe build like a box or something on top to keep them a safer distance from it, something vaguely like this perhaps?

It would be better for the sound to have the subs in a properly built cabinet anyway.

Alfredg94

Shou Ga Nai
Not sure I would put the subs that close to the fuel pump, the magnets might affect it.

Maybe build like a box or something on top to keep them a safer distance from it, something vaguely like this perhaps?

It would be better for the sound to have the subs in a properly built cabinet anyway.
Okay, that makes sense. At first I almost thought to set them upright kind of where the seats used to sit up (basically the same dimensions as seats). I'm going to come up with a number of ways this weekend, but separating them into two like that seems like a great idea.. more room to work with after also. For now just really focus on building the flat surface.

Last edited: