Back seat removal

Merlins Beard

*Beard not included
You will see more of a gain by removing the sound deadening like Coy said, it's some of the heaviest unnecessary stuff in the car. Also removing your A/C, power steering, sunroof, seats, and carpet will help. Also note that removing just one or two of these things won't show any gain, removing all of these will give you a small gain.

OneFastGSR

Haha everyone calling him a toothpick weighing 125, I'm 5'8" weigh 110 lol. Makes my cbr 600 faster than anyone elses 600! If I had a 1000 i'd literally fly away!

Edit: On topic I think removing all the rear interior does help quite a bit. I'd look into replacing front seats. Swapping stock front seats to corbeau or buddy club saves about 36 pounds total. And than carbon hatch is about 18 pounds, lexan hatch window is another 17, Than carbon fiber hood. List goes on with weight reduction lol

Last edited:

Merlins Beard

*Beard not included
Edit: On topic I think removing all the rear interior does help quite a bit. I'd look into replacing front seats. Swapping stock front seats to corbeau or buddy club saves about 36 pounds total. And than carbon hatch is about 18 pounds, lexan hatch window is another 17, Than carbon fiber hood. List goes on with weight reduction lol
Shits expensive. Ain't nobody got money for that.

Cutting unsprung weight is the most effective weight reduction for increasing performance. A lightweight flywheel, lightweight wheels, lightweight pulleys, etc.

JustinMcGee1

I like Hondas
Shits expensive. Ain't nobody got money for that.

Cutting unsprung weight is the most effective weight reduction for increasing performance. A lightweight flywheel, lightweight wheels, lightweight pulleys, etc.
I'll do some research on that

this post was made in china using Taptalk2

Merlins Beard

*Beard not included
Basically the lighter that stuff is the less weight the engine has to start and keep spinning, lighter things require less torque to spin so more torque is available to move the car. Cutting unsprung weight won't make your car much lighter, a lightweight flywheel might cut ~10 lbs, but it will decrease the loss of power/torque through the drivetrain which is most notable during lower rpms.

Similar in principal to how driving with A/C on reduces power. More load = less power at the wheels.

pluckt007

Fat guy in a little coat.
Merlins got it down!

Lighter wheels is noticable too. I had 18.5 lb borbet type c's. Went back to stock, nowadays they get wheels to like almost half that.

JustinMcGee1

I like Hondas
Basically the lighter that stuff is the less weight the engine has to start and keep spinning, lighter things require less torque to spin so more torque is available to move the car. Cutting unsprung weight won't make your car much lighter, a lightweight flywheel might cut ~10 lbs, but it will decrease the loss of power/torque through the drivetrain which is most notable during lower rpms.<br />
<br />
Similar in principal to how driving with A/C on reduces power. More load = less power at the wheels.
Wow thanks, you explained that really well!:)

this post was made in china using Taptalk2